Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Tell me what you will be sewing tonight?

I sandwiched and basted a quilt for my daughter. Tomorrow I will start the quilting. Tonight I will work on knitting a pair of socks for me.

I am trying to get together a bunch of fat quarters from small pieces of fabric I have that's just a little more then 18 inches in length and a little more than 22 inches in width. (color coordinating of course)

Blog Entries
    I had two pieces of flannel. One with yellow rubber ducks- one with sailboats. Made sandwich and I am quilting (outlining) the ducks. I'm bout half through but I have a rule--I play with quilts til 5 then quit--- unless DH turns on sports!! If the sorts come on , I leave to quilt!! We both have to sacrifice!! Lol

working on a Judy Niemeyer...
    Anita in Northfield, MN

Log Cabin!

I will be working on binding a stip quilt while I watch a movie with hubby...Van Helsing. I can't seem to get motivated on this binding...just want to start something else. So, told myself nothing new until I finish this. HaHa...cause I got a box of new fabric from Connecting Threads today and that box is calling me

I started 2 quilts and got both tops done today. They are pirate quilts for my grandsons birthday's in April. Hopefully tomorrow I should be able to sandwich and start quilting them. I watch the both of them during the week so they have to go into hiding tomorrow night.
    Be a girl with a mind, a women with attitude and a lady with class.

Blog Entries
    Will start another baby quilt for a lady at church - then finish a pillow top for a good friend's birthday.
    Quilting in the Desert

I'm finishing a red,white and blue scrappy 9 patch quilt top, it just needs the outer border. I'm also working on scrappy
    log cabin blocks.

Made four pillows for my youngest daughters home.

Made four new pillows for my youngest daughters family room. Finished a t-shirt quilt top this morning.
    Wish everyday was this fruitful.
    Quilting many and help others

I made a quilted zippered bag... a big makeup bag. So cute. I also pulled fabrics and matched zippers for some coin purses. I probably won't get to the baby quilt I need to quilt feathers on. Gotta practice my feathers a bit more first.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 19 Album of Blocks I Made for Others https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19825.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am still working on washing all my fabric that was given to me and going through every tote and containers..... but Hopefully next week I can start working on a quilt! Still to overwhelmed with all this stuff to do any projects!

Blog Entries
    It is the morning of the 27th. I finished sewing and putting snaps on two duvet covers for our down blankets. I make them with two twin sheets (Target had a fantastic sale on 100% cotton flat sheets, so I made two sets each! (One double bed two twin sized down blankets - cozy) with one homemade oversized quilt on top!! About queen sized!
    This morning I threw them both in the wash and they are now in the dryer and I have another set of two to make hopefully today. One on - one in the wash!!!!!!! The snaps are the worst!!!!!

Then I can finally get down and dirty with making the quilt I want to make and a few table runners. That is my plan for today while watching the footsball game!!!!!!

Waitin' for the snow to come. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

well Sunday 1-27..I will be getting the next quilt on the longarm and then this afternoon is some MY time and I am going to either finish a label for my grandaughters quilt..or work on my Easy Street mystery blocks..love this mystery..going to be my 2013 Christmas quilt!!
    Diana
    Tranquil Quilting MI

I'm not sewing anything...I've been in Florida caring for my parents. In Orlando right now and I heard there is a shop hop and big quilt show next week. So bummed b/c l fly home to NY in 3 days. Haven't even bought fabric this time around : (

My mother-in-law wants to do "the Christmas quilt", so I have been working on the pinwheels..5 down 6 to go..then I will start on the hour glass block and then the Christmas star block...and somewhere in all that I still have to finish the quilt I started as a Xmas present for her...oh well tonight I will hopefully make some progress...
    Kitty

Blog Entries
    I'm working on Eleanor Burns Braid in a day. (takes me more than a day tho!)
    Melinda in Tulsa
    Where the wind comes whipping thru the plains and we really DO have Earthquakes!

Love my Babylock Unity, Symphony and Serenade!

Today I am going to be cutting strips for a Scrappy Pineapple quilt. I have wanted to do one for a long time and I am going to start it soon. Just need lots of scraps.

I am working on a scrappy quilt for my son and wife who are building a new home. They are doing a lot of work themselves on the interior and I thought a bright quilt for the guest bedroom might be nice. I hope to have it ready when the house is completed.

But, maybe I misread the question for I don't ever sew at night anymore. I used to, when I was a teacher but in retirement I sew in the daylight hours in my sunny quilt room.

I'm finishing the detail on a parrot panel quilt. I'm down to the final embellishments now. Woohoo!!! :-) Hopefully soon to start an African Safari quilt for a friend.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply,Speak Kindly, Leave the rest to GOD

Oklahoma, where the wind comes sweeping down the plain.
    It's Sunday, I am still working on putting the D9P quilt together. After I cut the 9 patch, I played around with how I wanted the blocks to go. I am trying to work on my OCD problem, especially since it is scrappy, and finally just tossed the pieces and put them where they landed, more or less, but did lay them more orderly in regards to the white fabric only. I think the OCD won in the end. Well, happy quilting. Off I go........

I've been trimming a hundred blocks to be 5 inches square. Then I started to cut out the 2 1/2 inch squares next.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Not really quilty. I am making some of the 10 minute table runners for a friend and some coasters. If I have time, I'll work on my batik quilt.

Working on baby quilts for twins in New Jersey. Ava & Ayden.
    Jeanie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4