Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Testing Poll >

Testing Poll

View Poll Results: How Interested Are You in Being Able to Create Polls?
Least - Not at all
37.41%
Maybe - Not Sure How I'd Use It
30.22%
Probably - As Long as the Questions Make Sense
26.62%
Very - I Look Forward to the Test
5.76%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Testing Poll

Old 02-15-2018, 03:45 AM

Default Poll Feature

Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
testing a new feature we might add.
If you cast a vote, please post a comment telling us why you made the selection you did.
I would participate in polls. What I would rather have a a like/love button for when pictures of quilts are posted. Much easier to push a like/love button as your reaction to the quilt rather than posting a message...for me anyway.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:01 AM

If I am asked for a true personal opinion, that is one thing. A poll which casts a vote for "A" or "B" is not really that valid, in my opinion. It is cold and impersonal.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:11 AM

It seems that when someone asks for opinions about options for their quilt, they get opinions across the board. A poll would just add up the numbers. I would not participate in polls because I never do from a political or quasi-political poll because they are structured to evoke a pre-planned outcome. I am amazed at their use and mis-use. So, I will offer opinions on lots of threads but I would not participate in polls.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:22 AM

I have no interest in participating in, or creating a poll. It would require more time than I have available. I seldom read the posts that have the word "Which" in the title.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:37 AM

If I am looking for an opinion, I want an opinion. I don't want to preselect the answers and have people choose from that list. We all have blindspots and I have learned so much from the members on the QB, answers i never even thought of. I have never found members to be bashful, maybe over polite, but not bashful at answering questions or giving their opinions. So I would not initiate a poll. As for answering polls, I am suspicious of a hidden marketing usage so I won't answer them. For this poll, I saw it was initiated by patricej, one of our moderators/leaders, so I answered here. On the flip side, my hubby has polls on his man forums and he says they are mostly silly things, but they are fun and it is nice to see the results tabulated and you dont have to read all the posts to get the results.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:54 AM

I see people's point about not having to scroll through all the messages, but I usually find the reasons people give to be more valuable than just the yes/no or this fabric/that fabric answer. I think the conversation is valuable, not just the percentage of people favoring each choice (in whatever the matter is).

Plus sometimes I "know" someone on the board and feel that their opinion is particularly valuable on a particular subject. That sort of thing gets lost in a poll.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:06 AM

Maybe..depending on what is being asked
Old 02-15-2018, 05:20 AM

I'd be jumping, and leaping, and praising God if we could do polls on every area of the site. I've used other sites that have this capability, and it has always been very helpful.

I could vote even if I don't care to leave a comment.

Those who wish to comment are not hindered in doing so.

I could see at a glance a summary of opinions without having to scroll through all of the comments. (Using the computer to scroll down and mouse click hurts my arms. I have to limit how much I do that.)

I'm sure I could come up with other reasons, but these are a good start.

I'd also like the ability to add an emoji like Facebook allows if anyone is listening to other suggestions.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:00 AM

I think it might be useful for finding out what members would like to see on the site. As for anything else I'm not sure it would be helpful.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

On the surveys/polls that I have come across - frequently "none of the above" would be my choice.

If there would be a way of answering "none of the above" and a space to put my "real" answer - that would be awesome!