Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
In a tether!!! Opportunity or pass! >

In a tether!!! Opportunity or pass!

In a tether!!! Opportunity or pass!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:33 PM

Pass...it to me. LOL
Old 09-09-2011, 06:35 PM

I feel your pain....I am in same situation with a singer vintage 301a.. I'm supposed to go look at it tomorrow...and I'm so torn....she wants 180 for it and it's 90 miles from me......I don't know what to do either....My computer machines are messing up all the time and I'm tired of the $$$ it cost to have them fixed......
Old 09-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by MacThayer
I feel your pain. In fact, I have tears in my eyes. I would give anything to have your opportunity, and yes, my DH would throw a fit if I brought it home. It must be catching your heart strings for some reason. Can you put words to that reason? If you can, then you'll know whether or not you'll actually buy the Singer.
I guess your right, it is catching my heart! I love old things, they have such history!I got til morning to tell her if I don't want it! I just feel it is a once in a great opportunity. I could certainly forget a FW for this one!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Has a Redeye been on your want list? It's on mine, so I'd say buy. The parlor cabinet and machine alone are each worth more than that. If the Redeye isn't a favorite, then let it go to someone who really wants it. I recently passed on a Davis Two Spools at a good price. An excellent buy, but it wasn't a Redeye.
And I, for one, am glad you did!! LOL
Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by MacThayer
I feel your pain. In fact, I have tears in my eyes. I would give anything to have your opportunity, and yes, my DH would throw a fit if I brought it home. It must be catching your heart strings for some reason. Can you put words to that reason? If you can, then you'll know whether or not you'll actually buy the Singer.
I guess your right, it is catching my heart! I love old things, they have such history!I got til morning to tell her if I don't want it! I just feel it is a once in a great opportunity. I could certainly forget a FW for this one!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:39 PM

Is it worth whatever tension/bad feelings it makes between you and DH???? That's what I would have to ask myself.
Old 09-09-2011, 06:40 PM

Pass...
Old 09-09-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
I feel your pain....I am in same situation with a singer vintage 301a.. I'm supposed to go look at it tomorrow...and I'm so torn....she wants 180 for it and it's 90 miles from me......I don't know what to do either....My computer machines are messing up all the time and I'm tired of the $$$ it cost to have them fixed......
I love the vintage machines! The 301 is a great machine, I have two, I should sell one but.. I only paid $30 for each of mine. I think if you look around you might find something at a better price. If your willing to wait that is! Great machines and portable!!!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:47 PM

What is more important to you- your relationship with DH, or the sewing machine? Sorry, I'd have to say pass- UNLESS you two can discuss it and come to an arrangement that you can both be happy with, such as you selling other machine(s). The people you're spending your life with are more important than the stuff. But if you pass, or make a deal to get rid of another, don't do it resentfully! That's just as harmful for your relationship as if you went ahead and bought it. There, now you have my two cents. ;-)
Old 09-09-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by carolynbb
Is it worth whatever tension/bad feelings it makes between you and DH???? That's what I would have to ask myself.
Oh, he is used to me doing stuff I like, he doesn't always like it! I am the free spirit! I am living once, so I gotta go for the gusto in life! He can sell it or junk it when I am gone

:thumbup: