Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
In a tether!!! Opportunity or pass! >

In a tether!!! Opportunity or pass!

In a tether!!! Opportunity or pass!

Old 09-09-2011, 06:48 PM

It is a good price....and a beauty...such a hard decision!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Kristin in ME
What is more important to you- your relationship with DH, or the sewing machine? Sorry, I'd have to say pass- UNLESS you two can discuss it and come to an arrangement that you can both be happy with, such as you selling other machine(s). The people you're spending your life with are more important than the stuff. But if you pass, or make a deal to get rid of another, don't do it resentfully! That's just as harmful for your relationship as if you went ahead and bought it. There, now you have my two cents. ;-)
The big thing is it is so heavy, I am thinking we can take the machine out to lighten the load. That is the biggest thing! Dh wouldn't be thrilled, but I am not asking for a trip to Hawaii! He is used to me and my wild hairs! :lol:
Old 09-09-2011, 07:06 PM

I think you should go for it. Your husband knows you well enough by now to know that sewing machines are your passion...or one of your passions. He, of course, is another. :)
Old 09-09-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dina
I think you should go for it. Your husband knows you well enough by now to know that sewing machines are your passion...or one of your passions. He, of course, is another. :)
We have been married 36 yrs, so he puts up with me! He is wonderful, but just had back surgery. This is my passion and we don't travel or anything much. We are homebodies.. I just have to firgue out how to get it home, slight details. Gee, think I will sleep on it!
Old 09-09-2011, 07:57 PM

If you really want it and your husband is on board with you getting it then get it - for the cabinet. I'd leave the machine at the first thrift store I found. The bed decals are shot, it is a horizontal bobbin, a tricked out Singer 66.

The cabinet is a beauty. You couldn't give me a Singer 66 machine. Not my cup of tea at all.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:00 PM

I tried to correct but it didn t work....I meant to type a 503a Singer slanted needle
Originally Posted by Buzzy Bee
I feel your pain....I am in same situation with a singer vintage 301a.. I'm supposed to go look at it tomorrow...and I'm so torn....she wants 180 for it and it's 90 miles from me......I don't know what to do either....My computer machines are messing up all the time and I'm tired of the $$$ it cost to have them fixed......
Old 09-09-2011, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom
If you really want it and your husband is on board with you getting it then get it - for the cabinet. I'd leave the machine at the first thrift store I found. The bed decals are shot, it is a horizontal bobbin, a tricked out Singer 66.

The cabinet is a beauty. You couldn't give me a Singer 66 machine. Not my cup of tea at all.
What do you mean "trick out", is is because it sews both electric and or treadle? I never seen one do that! I kinda wondered on this.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 PM

I tried to correct but it didn t work....I meant to type a 503a Singer slanted needle
I feel your pain....I am in same situation with a singer vintage 301a.. I'm supposed to go look at it tomorrow...and I'm so torn....she wants 180 for it and it's 90 miles from me......I don't know what to do either....My computer machines are messing up all the time and I'm tired of the $$$ it cost to have them fixed......
That is a nice machine too! You can't go wrong. They stand the test of time!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Buy it!
Old 09-09-2011, 08:39 PM

I have the same machine and cabinet I picked up for $100 a couple months ago. I have yet to get it cleaned up due to the hot weather and no place but outside to work on it. I'd grab another if it was in this cabinet!