Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you from Norway >

Thank you from Norway

Thank you from Norway

Old 07-28-2011, 09:49 PM

Out of the ashes, I'm sure Oslo, Norway will rise greater than before...
May God bless you, your family, all the people of Norway, and Norway...
I'm praying for your recovery...
Old 07-28-2011, 11:13 PM

Now begins the after-work here. Norway has been shocked to their bones by all the criticism of the world press about the way things were handled. Were we prepared? Well the answer is obviously not, however, is any country prepared for a mad man to go to a youth camp dressed as a policeman, announce he is there to explain about the Oslo bombing and help them and mow them down with a machine gun when they run to him? I think not! :evil:

Everyday names of the newly identified are read on the news. Those who lived are expressing enormous guilt. The kids who escaped into the water are blaming themselves for living because they think they abandoned their friends. The holiday campers (from around the world) on a nearby island who put their own lives at risk by setting out in their boats while under fire themselves, are guilt ridden because they could not take more onto their full boats. Pastors, psychologists friends and loved ones are doing a magnificent job tending to everyone. Norway does have a great system for taking care of trauma victims because of past experience.

That people are reacting so balanced is a tribute to those who foster such things as rose parades and memorials all over the country to allow people to come together instead of leaving them in isolation to work out their feelings.

Here in our town the art school has opened for children to come in and work out their feelings using art. What a good thing to do let them create and talk to someone about what they are doing and what it means. Gets those feelings out.

The man who did this is being interrogated today for the 2nd time. It is difficult to handle him and his sick ways. From the police, to the state's psychiatrist, to the head of the prison, to the prison clergyman it is a challenge for everyone. The prison chaplain was on TV yesterday being humble and honest as he shared that he has to get his own head in order and deal with his own feelings before he can even begin to work with this prisoner.

Slowly new things are being discovered and reverberations are felt. How many people like this are there in this world who want to destroy others because they are different?

I am so appreciative of your thoughts and prayers that I want to keep you informed about what is happening here as times goes by.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:01 AM

My thoughts are with you and your country as you heal from this.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:54 AM

My love but most of all may the Holy spirit Thee COMFORTER of all comforters stay your hearts in peace. We prayed for you at our prayer meeting last night. Our prayer and hearts are with you. God Bless
Old 07-29-2011, 05:13 AM

North Dakota has a large Norwegian population. I am also of Norwegian descent and our whole family here is heartsick at what has happened. My second cousin's son lost a good friend on the island so it has hit a little closer for us. Some of us on Facebook have put Norwegian flag badges on our pictures in support of Norway. May God give you the strength to move forward in the days ahead.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:07 AM

Today it was decided to remove violent video games from the stores. What a good idea, in my opinion.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:15 AM

What happend in your country with the bombing and the sensless shooting of those young people was an act of cowardice. Know that most of us in America greive for your country and it's citizens.
Americans having suffered through the acts of such cowards and can feel your pain deeply and we hold you in our prayers.
God bless.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:59 AM

My prayers are with you and the rest of Norway in this time of sadness..... wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery... and may justice prevail for everyone...
Old 07-29-2011, 03:24 PM

We will certainly continue to pray for your people in Norway that God will fill you with peace and joy in the midst of this storm. Blessings abundant as your country recovers from this senseless attack.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:28 PM

I am so sorry for the pain and suffering your country is going through---may it help to know you and all are in my prayers.