Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thank you from Norway >

Thank you from Norway

Thank you from Norway

Old 07-28-2011, 12:00 AM

I am so warmed by your notes and thoughts and prayers. As they begin to read the names of the people who have been identified as the days go by, there is a sense of great mourning and an outpouring of love here. On the news they take the time to show a picture and read the name of each person. On Tues there were 4, yesterday there were 13 and there are many more to go...

It was announced yesterday that a commission has been established to examine exactly what happened and the response by the various teams. It was also clearly stated that we are not looking to place blame on anyone or find a scapegoat. They will look for what can be done more efficiently and to provide greater provisions in future. This is a very important step because it allows everyone to be completely honest with out concern of a backlash. Our police et al did the best they could with what they had at the time. They and the firemen, rescuers and volunteers were honored at the Domkirke with applause during the rose parade.

The major question becomes: How do we prepare without limiting freedom and democracy, thus becoming what we are not?

This is an open society and this horrible thing has brought us "all" closer together those from every religion and background. What he meant for evil, God meant for good...

Blessings
Old 07-28-2011, 12:09 AM

I can relate to what your country is going through (because of 9/11) and the bombing here in Oklahoma, My husband could of been killed that day just like two of his fellow Marines, however Hubby was sent out of state for some extra schooling. Also and just as well could of been me since our bank was also in the Federal Building, and I was in that building 4 days before The bombing...It really hurts when it's so close to home. I pray for your Country and I hope the family's seek the help they need to help deal with from what has happen to them all...God Bless to the Norway People...
Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
I can relate to what your country is going through (because of 9/11) and the bombing here in Oklahoma, My husband could of been killed that day just like two of his fellow Marines, however Hubby was sent out of state for some extra schooling. Also and just as well could of been me since our bank was also in the Federal Building, and I was in that building 4 days before The bombing...It really hurts when it's so close to home. I pray for your Country and I hope the family's seek the help they need to help deal with from what has happen to them all...God Bless to the Norway People...
How blessed you were that you and your husband were spared. It is quite an awakening when you are able to cheat death. Last July I was in a car accident in which we were told none of us should have survived, but we did!

There was a quote today in the newspaper which said something like, "It is important to fall together and not apart." I like that. :thumbup: It has changed us all forever.

Thank you so much.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 AM

May God bless your nation.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:48 AM

I feel sure I speak for most if not all Aussies in saying we wish we could help more but we can pray. and will!
All the reports we hjave seen depict you all as a peaceful nation in mourning, no viol;ence against this atrocity has been forthcoming, you are lauded for this!
It was also reported here that those on the island were there in a democratic capacity.
Sadly we Aussies can relate to this enormous tragfedy due to the Port Arthur massacre a few years ago. (also one man who went crazy with a gun)
All my prayers, best wishes and love go out to all of your countrymen.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:50 AM

GladGrams, It is such a heartbreaking story and series of events that has struck your sweet country. I never will be able to fathom why someone could do something so devestating. America has been hit time after time by such tragedies. Be brave, stay strong, and you will survive this tragedy. Our prayers go out to and for you. God Bless you.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:54 AM

Your country is in my prayers and thoughts
Old 07-28-2011, 03:11 AM

We, in Minnesota, have a large contingency of Norwegians, of which my husband is half of, and we do pray for all of you and your country. There was a beautiful memorial service at the Norwegian Lutheran Church in Minneapolis (I believe Minneapolis is a sister city of a city in Norway)over the weekend. Why, in times like this, do we all join together and the rest of the time, we all go upon our merry way.

"When you were born you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a way that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice."

We cry for you, your families and your country. God Speed!
Old 07-28-2011, 03:16 AM

I am deeply saddened by this tragic event. My prayers go out to all affected.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Power Poster

My thoughts and prayers going to you and your country.