Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thanks to everyone who has replied to things I have posted >

Thanks to everyone who has replied to things I have posted

Thanks to everyone who has replied to things I have posted

Old 07-24-2010, 04:07 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like you have very fond memories of quilting and working with fabric.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:52 AM

Hello, it is nice to meet you. Welcome to the Quiltingboard. Teach us all you know please. We are greedy for the knowledge and skills hidden away in each others minds. We never get enough.
I would so much like to see photos of your Mom and Grandmothers quilts, frames, whatever you want to share with us.
Welcome.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:56 AM

Thanks for sharing that! What special memories. I hope you will share some of your and their work!
Old 07-24-2010, 12:34 PM

Hello Skydiver70, thank you for lovely family history of quilting - glad you're able to pick up the threads and keep the good work going. The quilt frame hanging from the ceiling reminds me of ceiling mounted clothes racks we had in England when I was a child - they would be installed in the kitchen and lowered by rope and a cleat nailed into the wall kept the frame at the right height for hanging washing, then it was raised out of the way when finished with. In those days we had the small tin bath tub which was put in the kitchen and one by one we 4 children would be bathed, then tub emptied and hung on wall or put outside in the tiny back yard (where the toilet was) - we also had a great big mangle with wooden rollers for wringing the sheets etc!! Some memories are worth recalling :-o
Old 07-24-2010, 02:44 PM

Hello Sky,
That was very good of you to take your grandmother cloth to quilt with, I'm sure she treasured your visits when you would take them over. I am a male nurse that works in LTC and sooo many residents don't have any family come visit, or they make the yearly Christmas visit once a year and call that good.
Just a thought, maybe you could find a lady in a nearby nursing home that knows how to quilt and start quilting with her once a week, or whatever your schedule allows to honor your Grandmother?? It would no doubt be some of the most treasured times to the ladie in the nursing home, and your Mom and Grandmother would smile down from above with pride; and it would be threrapeutic for you and help in the healing process of the soul.
I am sorry for your loss, but remember, as we are saying our goodbyes here on Earth, the Angels in Heaven are saying 'Welcome Home'.
Jack