Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thanksgiving Virtual Quilting Weekend >

Thanksgiving Virtual Quilting Weekend

Thanksgiving Virtual Quilting Weekend

Old 12-01-2019, 05:08 PM

I'm trouble, I am trying to sew a velvet ribbon on the edge of the pocket, so I have a fleece plus two layers of cotton plus the ribbon and I have great loops of the top thread appearing on the bottom. I have tried to increase the tension and that didn't help. I am confused, any advise?
Old 12-01-2019, 06:30 PM

I accomplished a lot during this VQW! Of course, I forgot to take pictures. I got the first BH MQ clue done, finished an Oh My Stars quilt top (1 of 2 for twins), put together my 2018 MQ Good Fortune blocks and started a Christmas table runner. I wish I had a few more days to sew, but back to work tomorrow, travel next weekend and then the pressure of the holidays is really truly upon me. It's been wonderful to have time to do what I want.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:58 PM
Power Poster

Thanks to everyone who have posted pictures of their work...so nice to see your work.

I have 25 little spools made for pincushions...have a few more to do before I leave tomorrow for "Grandma duty". Taking my little machine along so I can do some needed sewing done. Put in my red thread so GS can have the pocket on his hoodie repaired.

jmoore...I checked...we enjoyed the comments of MadQuilter from CA. She hasn't been on board for over a year. I miss her funny repartee as well. Okay time to get packing before tomorrow's 5 hour drive.

Last edited by oksewglad; 12-01-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:39 PM

Operator error. I read a couple of posts and Bingo! Now have started to sew on the ribbon. I know officially the weekend will be over but expect to have A picture tomorrow morning. Night All
Old 12-01-2019, 08:55 PM

Got some time to sew. Finished one charity quilt top. Packaged 1 precut. more than 1/2 way through cutting the second packaged charity quilt. Then back to the backs.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:57 AM

Sadly, my weekend was cut short. I woke up Sunday morning with a fever, body aches and a throat that felt like I swallowed a steel wool pad. I'm still not feeling great, but I'm up and out of bed, I'd like to think that's progress, lol
Old 12-02-2019, 06:23 AM
Power Poster

Thanks to the snow(we got around 16") I got an extra day off. Once we dig out I plan on plugging away a little more on "Serenity" the Asian Panel quilt I posted a sneak peek of a couple of weeks ago. This quilt has been on my rack since August! Slow going when I can only find time/motivation to work on it a few hours each weekend.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:35 AM

Cyber Monday counts as part of the holiday weekend now doesn't it? I'm finishing up on clue one for the Bonnie Hunter mystery. Although the clue was clear, I only cut half my fabric to start with (by mistake).

And then I plan on doing the first round of connections on the Cherry Goose project which has been sitting patiently.

Finally got my car back from the shop on Wednesday, today I'll go pick up the tabs. Had to have it worked on to pass emission controls even though the exhaust was fine the sensor was bad... to add insult to injury the whole thing goes away on 12/31, but I wasn't willing to drive my car unregistered for 3 months.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:30 PM

They say the third time is a charm.
Attached Thumbnails machine-pad-2.jpg  
Old 12-02-2019, 07:38 PM

Kelsie, That's lovely fabric and grats for getting the picture to post!

I did indeed finally get the Bonnie Hunter units done. Got my car tabs, sewed, pressed and laid out the Cherry Goose top and pinned the next set of blocks together. Then Hubby wanted me to go along to his bowling league tonight, so I brought the quilt I'm working on the hand binding. Got quite a bit done for me, I am so slow at handwork.

Thanks all for keeping me company through this virtual weekend.