Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is there a market for quilt tops? >

Is there a market for quilt tops?

Is there a market for quilt tops?

Old 08-21-2011, 04:03 PM

There is a wonderful quilt shop in Mifflinburg PA called Verna's Fabrics and along with her wide range of fabrics/books etc... she has lots of unfinished quilt tops for sale... prices range based on the size of top, difficulty of pattern, and number of fabrics used... I saw prices between from $100 to $250.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:12 PM

A user on here, Linda Rotz Miller Quilts and Quilt Tops, has a website for her quilt tops. I'm sure Linda could give you some valuable input :) She makes some darling quilts.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:25 PM

On Facebook there is a place called Yardsell or Yardsale and they have quilt tops for sale all the time. I never thought of ebay, Ill take a look. I know people who have bought them and they are happy with them.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:56 AM

They seem to sell well on E bay. I've bought a few and use them as mid arm practice peices and then donate them to our local VA hospital.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM

I love to quilt, but I really really dislike making tops. I hate cutting (especially buying expensive fabric and then cutting it!) and I don't like going from the machine to the iron to the machine to the iron, repeat, repeat, repeat. And I'm not enough of a perfectionist for it. So I buy tops all the time (ok, not all the time, but a LOT!). However, I usually spend $50 or less on them (shipping included) and have only gone over that number ($100 for my stained glass one) when it's one I just couldn't live without!!

I just want to quilt. I don't want to sew, cut, bind or shop for fabrics. Just quilt!