There's an app for that! >

There's an app for that!

There's an app for that!

Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 AM

Does it work on the I-Pod?
Old 01-30-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by coconuts
Does it work on the I-Pod?
QuiltFab and QuiltRef work on the iPod touch (which is similar to the iPhone, but without the phone part), but not any of the other iPods -- there's no way to download apps onto the others.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:54 AM

I have the I-Pod touch. Thanks for the information.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Jingleberry
Originally Posted by Crafty1
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Got em! That was fast. I was surprised they were free! Here is the website to read about the apps.
http://quiltfab.blogspot.com/

The C&T Publishing app is Quick and Easy Quilt Block Tool. I use it a lot.
Thanks for the info! I'm going to do some research. If the apps work with the iTouch then I may get that instead. I can't text with the iphone, my fingers are a little big :evil: :lol:
Try using a pencil eraser instead of your fingers.
Sorry, but a pencil eraser doesn't work. These devices use a "capacitive material", which means it monitors changes in electrical current. Some people even have skin that is too dry to make it work very well! But you can buy an iPhone stylus, or make one with half a snap fastener, some dental floss, and an old metal ballpoint pen! If you'd like to try making one, here is a video:

http://lifehacker.com/5277112/make-a...greasy-fingers

Tip: be sure it's a metal pen and a medium size snap -- these techie guys don't understand snaps!
Old 01-30-2010, 11:09 AM

I have the Verizon Droid, and am still learning how to use it, but I can't find those applications anywhere. Can anyone help me with that?
Old 01-30-2010, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by davis2se
I have the Verizon Droid, and am still learning how to use it, but I can't find those applications anywhere. Can anyone help me with that?
Sorry, but each type of device (or manufacturer) have their own "store" and set of apps. The apps mentioned earlier are only on Apple devices. I'm not aware of any quilting apps on the Droid (it's still pretty new). But my sister, who's an avid quilter, has one, and I'll ask her when she comes back from her retreat week-end. She uses the Droid as a cellphone, and the iPod touch for other things -- like quilting apps! (She also has a lot of other toys like a Kindle, an embroidery machine, and a long-arm quilting machine!)
Old 01-30-2010, 01:57 PM
Power Poster

I would love love love a simple quilt design app!
Old 01-30-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Wow, that is interesting! Can you store list of your quilt books on it also?
That's an interesting idea! These quilting apps don't handle your quilting library, but it set me wondering about that. I use librarything on the web to keep track of my roughly 200 quilting books.

http://www.librarything.com/
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/...i&tag=Quilting

It's a really nifty setup. And since you can surf the web from the iphone or the iPod touch (or the Verizon Droid), that would work, but it isn't really set up for the small screen size. I'll ask my sister, the librarian and iPod touch (and Droid) user -- and quilter -- what she would recommend. There must be an app for that!
Old 01-30-2010, 02:00 PM

I don't have an iPhone or iPod but if I ever do, I'm getting those quilt apps.... amazing!

I'm really a slow learner of technology, but when I'm reeeeealy interested and have a patient teacher, I can eventually get the basics. My immediate goal is how to deal with photos from camera-computer-sharing with people. By the time I can get and learn the iPhone, there'll be something newer and more complicated. I can't keep up!
Old 01-30-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by quiltswithdogs
I don't have an iPhone or iPod but if I ever do, I'm getting those quilt apps.... amazing!

I'm really a slow learner of technology, but when I'm reeeeealy interested and have a patient teacher, I can eventually get the basics. My immediate goal is how to deal with photos from camera-computer-sharing with people. By the time I can get and learn the iPhone, there'll be something newer and more complicated. I can't keep up!
I have an iPhone. It is so easy to take a picture and email it to someone right on the spot. No having to deal with downloading pictures, putting them somewhere on your PC, naming them (if you do that), then remembering to email them to someone. I love my iPhone for picture sharing! I downloaded the QuiltFab app a while ago but have not used it yet. So glad that an iPhone quilt app developer is a member here!