Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Are these likely the best prices? >

Are these likely the best prices?

Are these likely the best prices?

Old 02-19-2021, 11:46 AM

Question Are these likely the best prices?

Hey quilters!

I'm looking at the Qnique 15r and Qzone hoop frame (my craft room is pretty dang crowded, I couldn't get anything bigger in there and I don't mind moving the quilt around in the hoop). I like that in the future I can add computerization and I can always move it to a large table when one of my kids moves out in 10 years. I'm seeing packages from about $4300+ (most of the time, they're cheaper to buy separately). I stumbled across a factory recertified with full warranty 15r for $2500.

Do you think I'd ever find better prices that what I've found so far? Am I missing anything that I'd absolutely need to get started (I'm just going to make leaders).

Recertified 15r - $2500
Qzone hoop frame - $890
Rear handles - 161
Stylus - 85
Table Inserts - 85

(Happy to share where I found these too, two different websites and one is offering an extra 15% off of certain items)

Thank you for your experience and advice!!!
Old 02-19-2021, 01:04 PM
mkc

Depending on whether they require you to buy the frame with the machine, do check places like FB Marketplace for the hoop frame. I've seen a lot of used ones out there for closer to $500, and you never know if there's one in your area for sale.

Do you really plan to quilt from the back on a hoop frame?

As to the 15R, do look into the price of a recertified 15 Pro. Faster, stronger motors. Possibly more robust internals as a result. A quick check of a common retailer shows they are $500 more than the recertified 15R.

Last edited by mkc; 02-19-2021 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
Depending on whether they require you to buy the frame with the machine, do check places like FB Marketplace for the hoop frame. I've seen a lot of used ones out there for closer to $500, and you never know if there's one in your area for sale.

Do you really plan to quilt from the back on a hoop frame?

As to the 15R, do look into the price of a recertified 15 Pro. Faster, stronger motors. Possibly more robust internals as a result. A quick check of a common retailer shows they are $500 more than the recertified 15R.
Yes, I do plan on quilting from the back with smaller pantographs. It sounds crazy, but I find them very relaxing, right up there with hand binding my quilts. I have looked at the 15pro (I started looking into this over a year ago and it took until now to convince my husband that yes, the "big sewing machines" are in fact, more expensive than "regular size sewing machines") and it doesn't seem to be different enough to be worth the extra $500 to me. That's $500 that I wouldn't be spending on fabric I may regret that later, but I really don't need top of the line.

I've been stalking Marketplace/craigslist/letgo for months, there's never a Qnique/sweet sixteen, never a hoop frame or little foot or anything similar. My pre-owned options seem to be either something ancient with a small neck and a huge table that I don't have room for or a large trailer to transport, or something $10k+ with similar table and transportation issues. I'd rather buy recertified with a factory warranty than used without anything.
Old 02-19-2021, 01:26 PM

I have a friend that has that same set up, she loves the handles and has no problem quilting from the front or the back. She purchased her leaders and honestly I think they aren’t worth what she paid, I told her to make her own but she didn’t think she could make them.