Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
They got the box of quilts!! >

They got the box of quilts!!

They got the box of quilts!!

Old 10-24-2010, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by granma1
I am the mother of a female soldier who has done a tour in AF. and is getting ready to return. When she first went , she sent me a message that they were all cold and could I help. My husband ( who can pack a box like no other) managed to get 5 polar fleece blankets that I made into one box and off they went. I would make them 5 at a time for the troops at her FOB and we also sent smaller ones for them to give the kids. It made me feel warm all over. We still get messages from the troops about the Blankets. Jami is getting ready ti deploy again.I am stocking up on Polar fleece.
Our son comes home on Nov 20th from Afghanistan. I hope he is home to stay awhile. Bless your daughter and all the troops over there.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:13 AM

Prayers go with you and TO THEM !!!! God bless our military.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Bert advises the first box of our quilts arrived safely in Afghanistan and they are being distributed to the first platoon. The men were told they couldn't have a quilt without getting a picture taken, LOL! Then he has to send the card from the camera to my daughter who has to then send the pics on to me………so it will still be a while before we “meet” our soldiers.

Oh, the waiting is so hard! But, I’m doing the happy dance in Bedford VA today, wahoo!!

Jan in VA

That's wonderful news Jan and I'm anxious to see your soldiers with their quilts. I have so many causes and so little to fund them with these days. I wish times were different.

Bless you
Andie

:D :D :D :D :D :-D :-D
Old 10-24-2010, 01:39 PM

Oh, how great! I have a top almost finished...
Old 10-24-2010, 02:14 PM

How wonderful for the people giving and receiving.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:33 PM

Hi Jan,

Wonderful news and I can't wait to see the pictures. I would love to participate also. Our guild made quilts for injured soldiers last year and it was truly a labor of love.
I see lots of possibilities for QB here. I would love to see our own "sticky" thread for QB members making quilts for the soldiers. I love the idea of adopting a group of soldiers to give them to and seeing the pictures when they recieve them. It makes it even more personal and meaningful. I see possibilites also for BOM with completed quilts just in time for the colder weather.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:09 PM

Jan,
God has also been moving in Arkansas with our little group. We send off 24 quilts a month and like you said, it snowballs with donations AND work. I'll pray for you.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:27 PM

Jan, how to get involved? linda
Old 10-24-2010, 03:28 PM

Hi Jan! what a wonderful project for our soldiers! So glad I read Konstantin today or I wouldn't have seen this thread. I have alot of happy quilts to send. I think most need finishing off so I'll either send backs/binding along or try to get some done. PMing you! Bless you for this! The Lord loves cheerful givers!! It's so good to know they received the boxes safely!! Looking forward to pics! ;) ;)
Old 10-24-2010, 03:55 PM

:D Thanks for sharing about soldiersangels; they have a deadline of Nov 15,2010. I'm going to rush & see if I can accomplish a few no-sew fleece blankets & get them sent ASAP. There's a excellent pattern for the no-sew blankets on their site you have generously provided. Thanks for sharing that!