Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: They used them!!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mucky View Post
    I really don't want mine used for a dog bed!
    I am with you. You want a quilt for a dog, I will give you a practice one.
    Peace is not the absence of conflict, but the presence of God!

I love to see quilts used. Just got a note from my daughter today. She wants a "fireworks" quilt for next year. They had to sit in the grass last night and she said she was still itchy.

Don't it just make you smile all over!!
    Thank You Lord for answering my prayers, in this I am truely blessed!

I love giving quilts to family and friends. I always tell them to please use the quilt but don't abuse it.

All the quilts I have made and given have been used. One by a dog, but it's because it was made for him. I just made another little quilt for my new grandpuppy. Will post a picture with her on it.

Blog Entries
    Heartwarming, isn't it? So happy for you; and I totally agree that whatever I make, I wish the receiver much use from it.
    Mavis

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    That is so wonderful that you see them get to be used! No one in my family seems to want a quilt. When I suggest making one for them, I don't get an interested response. You are so lucky!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

I bet you were very proud! As you should be.

Blog Entries
    my whole family, which thankfully is not large, is waiting for quilts. so far i've made numerous doll quilts and minis and blocks, and baby quilts for others, but haven't finished even one quilt for a family member. i have gathered cloth and patterns and batting. other things pop up and i never get to make the quilt. i do have 2 that i just sent to a friend to longarm , but to me that doesn't really count. i started a quilt when my ddil got pregnant, and olivia will be 1 in august, and i have yet to finish the quilt. i have no place to sandwich it.but i am determined to get it done for her birthday! then i will start a new one for her, and maybe finish one for someone else. maybe..... we are pet people, so if one of my quilts is giving comfort to a family dog or cat, that works for me! all my art quilts are on walls.
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Wonderful. I am sure your quilts will be talked about for a long time.

I am so glad to read that your quilts are being used. That is what I want for my quilts. I just got back from visiting my aunt and found the dishcloths I had crocheted for her in a drawer because they "were too pretty to use." I took them out and used them all week. She said she will continue to use them - YEAH! I told her that everytime she uses one she can think of me - and that's the best compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by jfowles View Post
    I'm thrilled to say that a number of my quilts were used this past week for a family reunion, from covering picnic tables to throwing on the ground for supper and fireworks. There was some oohing and awing and concern that they would get dirty (heaven forbid) but I am so glad to see them used. Whether on a picnic table, the ground or wrapped around someone, that's what it is all about for me. The delicate ones I keep home but most are for general use and I love seeing them used!

^5 to your family!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

I give all my quilts with the notice they are to be used and used and used----and if they wear out I will replace it! Am close to that with my youngest grandson-his is very thin and becoming threadbare! I would gladly let the dogs use them inside the house--they need love too!

Blog Entries
    I just love it when I go to my kids homes and the quilts I have made for all of them are on their beds. Or the kids have them out on the sofa or the floor laying with them watching tv. I told the kids, if they wear them out, I'll make them a new one!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

I made comforter type (tied with extra batting) for my nephews when they got bunk beds in their rooms about 20 years ago. One of my nephews is now 25 and married for a year. That quilt is one thing he took with him to his new home. Drags it all over during the winter cause it's "nice and soft and warm"! Sounds good to me!!!! Use it!

Quote Originally Posted by kmprshnin View Post
    Let me tell you about a quilt that was really used and I was so glad. .

Unfortunatley she passed away at the age of 23 from an asthema attack ( she has been gone 19 years now) The next morning I looked out the back door and saw the tattered quilt draped over the lounge she had left out...I was so glad she got to enjoy her quilt so much. So when I give a quilt to someone I am so glad they get to use it before their time is up.

Linda L
    I'm so sorry you lost your daughter, but it is sweet to hear theat seeing her tattered quilt gave you some comfort.
    Maire

Sorry, I only want my quilts used in the house and not on the floors and not tugged and pulled on. I don't like pets lying on them either. Of course, most people do not appreciate the work and time that goes into them. That is just the way I feel about them.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I'm so glad to see all the responses about using quilts. I kinda felt the way Jingle did at first, because I hand quilt and after taking a year of my life to make one, I sure would be hurt to see it abused. But abuse is different than use. It reminds me of my mother's china. My brother gave it to her after he returned from Viet Nam. She seldom ever took it out of the china cabinet because it was 'too nice' to use everyday and when there was a holiday with lots of people, she resorted to Chinette dosposible plates to cut down on the dish washing. She was so afraid that a plate would get chipped or a cup broken. When she passed away, my brother took it. If he had not, it would have wound up being sold in the estate sale. Everything we own should be enjoyed and used by us.
    When a dying man asked his pastor "How long does it take to die?" his pastor's heartfelt reply was "A lifetime." Live life to the fullest, but stop now and then to enjoy the sunset.
    Lynda

I will post a picture of my granddog and her quilt.Name:  ripley enjoying her quilt 2.JPG
Views: 56
Size:  344.6 KBName:  Ripley enjoying her quilt.JPG
Views: 53
Size:  341.7 KB

Blog Entries
    I want mine to be used. I sure had a pallet in the floor for my kids to play on when they were little. And, I've layed on a few of them myself to sunbathe and picnic.
    A finished quilt excites me!! Whether is it mine or yours!

Use them!

Quote Originally Posted by JanieH View Post
    I am so glad to read that your quilts are being used. That is what I want for my quilts. I just got back from visiting my aunt and found the dishcloths I had crocheted for her in a drawer because they "were too pretty to use." I took them out and used them all week. She said she will continue to use them - YEAH! I told her that everytime she uses one she can think of me - and that's the best compliment!
    I read something once about a woman who never used her 'good' tablecloth until her husband asked if she was saving it for her next husband. I tell those who receive my quilts to use them, don't save them for their "second husband".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3