Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thimbles

Thanks, nellie... I'm going to mostly try to figure out what size thimble I will need and if the metal or leather will work best. I'll check out that website in just a bit. It does really help. I'll go to youtube as well.

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    The Roxanne thimble has a little lip around the tip, just like you were asking for. K3n posted a photo of hers somewhere here recently.

Here's a link. Good luck

http://www.colonialneedle.com/cgi-bi...e_list_roxanne
    Thank you Gai - would you like to be my private secretary?! :lol:

i LOVE it and don't know how i managed all those years without it. It's so comfy I go wandering off round the house and forget I've still got it on! No sweaty finger either because of the hole. Ignore my cracked gardener's finger nail! This is the silver plate one, I should have got solid silver, maybe I'll upgrade one day - the plate is beginning to wear off inside and giving me a grey finger. :oops:

Here's the pic!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good morning... made my trip to Greensboro yesterday and bought 6 different thimbles AND thimble pads! I got one that has an open 'face' on it and so far that has been my favorite. I'll be trying them all out as I do the hand work on the binding on my wall hanging/window covering. How can I upload photo of projects that are finshed? And another question... the little quilt shop in my town is having a fat quarter Friday on July 31. A friend in WI said she makes Turning Twenty quilts with fat quarters. I'd like to try one of those but don't have the pattern. Does anyone have one they could email to me? HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Hey Ninnie... there's a quilting bee today at the Quilting Coop, 312 Sunset; then Christmas in July on the 25th; and Fat Quarter Friday on the 31st. Just some upcoming events this month.

Quote Originally Posted by judyq
    Hey Ninnie... there's a quilting bee today at the Quilting Coop, 312 Sunset; then Christmas in July on the 25th; and Fat Quarter Friday on the 31st. Just some upcoming events this month.

Awe, Judy, wish I could come!!! I'll try to catch the next one! Thanks so much for letting me know!! :D :D

I have one that I absolutely love for hand quilting. It is a leather strip with a plastic piece inside. Very comfortable, needle doesn't slip. You can get them in a pack of 3 at Joan's.

I've been doing quite a bit of hand quilting on a wall hanging. I use a raised edge thimble on my middle finger on my right hand to help push the needle through. However, my forefinger on my left hand is so sore that I thought I might have to let it heal for a few days before I could continue. And I'm SEW close to being done. I found an older thimble, nothing fancy, and used it on my left middle finger. It was a little awkward at first but I can "feel" the needle hitting the side of the thimble and NOT my finger. I quilted for several hours yesterday with no pain!!

Okay... I'll let you know about another one. Remember Tuesday nights at 6pm until ?. Hope you are having a great 4th weekend! Be safe and talk to you soon!

Thanks, sewjoyce... I'll keep that in mind when I start again on my wall hanging. Going to a quilting bee today at our little quilt shop in town. Will try two thimbles there. Have a good one! Happy 4th!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2