Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thinking about upgrading to the Janome 6600P... >

Thinking about upgrading to the Janome 6600P...

Thinking about upgrading to the Janome 6600P...

Old 12-08-2011, 04:34 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies. My local dealer has one on the floor to demo with and I will go back and play around in a day or two. Not sure if they have any used models, I live in a pretty small town so turn over is slim. The dealer is asking $1599.00, he said they try to stay competitive with the internet. I found one today for 1499.00 so I may go in and ask if they are willing to sell it at that price. Plus I have sales tax to consider.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:38 PM

I too have a Janome 6600P; and I like it;however, I HATE the foot pedal on it...it starts off slower than molasses and, according to the dealer, that's the way they're built. I've used the start-stop method too but don't care for it. Not fussing, just an honest statement about my perception of the machine.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:26 PM

momto5 I will pay c;use attention to that when I go and take it for a test run. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM

I bought my Janome 6600 when I first started quilting because my Kenmore didn't have all the bells and whistles...not even a 1/4" foot. Love my Janome. The only small problem is the pedal that tends to slide away. I put a silicone potholder underneath and it helps some. Still have to readjust once in a while. No big deal. As to the poster who said that the pedal is very slow to get started. I don't think this machine is intended for pedal to the metal. LOL. It's a quilters machine. You might want to clean the pedal once in a while. If there's lots of dust in it can get sticky.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:33 PM

Well, I had a chance to stop in and talk with the Janome dealer and play with the 6600P. I love it, feels comfy and easy to use. Its easy to navigate and I love all the additional features it has that my DC3050 doesn't. I am going back next week when I am alone and will bring a fabric sandwich to do FMQ with, and an appliqué sample to play with while I am there. Anxious to see how easy the knee lever is to use while appliquing.

Of course, to top it all off she tells me the 6600P is on sale for $200 off, so that brings it down to 1399.00. After the 1st of the year Janome is doing an 8% PRICE INCREASE across the board for all machines. Which would bring the same machine to over $1700.00 in 2012. I wasn't looking at getting the machine until after the first of the year, but if it means I will be saving over $300.00 I may just have to done it before the end of 2011.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Little RoO View Post
Only tiny issue is the paint does chip...so handle it with care...
I have a smaller Janome for classes and previously had a Pfaff Select 3 and have a Husqvarna Designer 1 which I use mainly for embroidery but the 6600 is most definatly my favourite!
I, too, have the 6600P (two, in fact). The one I bought new has chipped paint all along the front edge of the machine. The one I bought used has held up extremely well in the paint dept. I think maybe they changed their paint formula after the first year or so??? I don't think you can go wrong with getting a 6600P and the sooner the better so you can start having lots of fun. I have sewed hundreds of clothesline bowls (clothesline wrapped with fabric strips) and have not had any problems with either one of them.

Nita in cold Michigan