Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Those Harbor Freight Blades Again >

Those Harbor Freight Blades Again

Those Harbor Freight Blades Again

Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Xstitshmom
Originally Posted by greensleeves
the first pack I used I wasn't too happy with but have 4 more packs so am giving them another chance. Hope I just got a bad set--at the price its OK to get a bad set once in a while. I think everyone should at least give them a try.
This was my experience. I am hoping that the next pack is better
This was my experience, too. The Harbor Freight blades were just as dull as the one I was replacing. Very disappointing!
Old 08-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by sushi
the first pack I used I wasn't too happy with but have 4 more packs so am giving them another chance. Hope I just got a bad set--at the price its OK to get a bad set once in a while. I think everyone should at least give them a try.
This was my experience, too. The Harbor Freight blades were just as dull as the one I was replacing. Very disappointing!
I do not undertand this. Mine is wonderful.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by sushi
I do not undertand this. Mine is wonderful.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by 1234Irene
Will these work on any rotter cutter? And where can these be found? Never heard of a harbor freight store around here........
My rotary cutter has a notch on one side. The ones I've seen at Harbor Freight are round with no notch. So I can't use them. I wait for Joann's 40% off coupon and buy them there.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:13 PM

I just picked mine up (all 12 pkgs that they had)for 1.49 each pkg with 2 blades. Just watch their ads and you will see when they go onsale or check online for them.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty1
What are these blades called? Every time I go with dbf, he always says, those are not the ones they are talking about on the board...
They are carpet cutting blades but they work in my martelli rotary cutter too. They are item 97642 that's whats on my package....
Old 08-14-2011, 07:44 PM

My rotary cutter has a notch on one side. The ones I've seen at Harbor Freight are round with no notch. So I can't use them. I wait for Joann's 40% off coupon and buy them there.[/quote]

The notch doesn't really do anything I have had blades like that it just the manufacturer who does that...Doesn't affect the cutter in any way...
Old 08-14-2011, 09:00 PM

That was my experience too. It seemed to just shred the fabric. I'm going to try it again thinking that maybe I have the tightening screw too tight.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:20 AM

I got 2 packages yesterday at 1.49 each. I took my cutter with me in case I needed a visual aid :) and the guy was hilarious. "What's that? What do you do with it?" etc. Opened a bag of shop rags so I could show him how it cuts fabric!! He was fascinated. And cute... and no ring...

Moving on, I opened the first package yesterday and both blades were nasty dull. I haven't opened the second yet. I have heard from others that they can be hit/miss, so I'll try the second package later this evening, and cross my fingers. Even if it takes a couple of packages to get a good blade, you still can't beat the price. Now, when I've gotten enough bad packages to pay for a Fiskar's blade, we'll have to revisit...
Old 08-15-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by 1234Irene
Will these work on any rotter cutter? And where can these be found? Never heard of a harbor freight store around here........
If you live in eastern OK, there is one in Ft Smith on Rogers Ave by Creekmore Park.