Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now >

Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now

Those Little Brats... Look What They've Done Now

Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM

That glass dome is an idea - thank you! My cat (a calico) also likes to keep me company in the sewing room and "amuse" herself in the process - and yes, taking a nap on all the wrong things at the wrong times - cutting board, ironing board, sewing chair, etc., swatting anything just to watch it move! I kid my husband that I think she took a "mischievious" class before we got her! :D
After we adopted our calico, we read that they're quirky. Ours is very odd and behaves the same way as yours.

Cute kitty in your avatar!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:03 PM

Some people hoard cats, some cats hoard their peoples' stuff. LOL

And I'm sure they would tell you they're 'helping'
Old 01-18-2011, 09:17 PM

I just have to get in on this conversation. My problem isn't with cats but my Shih Tsu, King. If I ever leave my crochet scarf works-in-progress where he can reach them, I usually later find them strung out from my room into the next. He loves to hide things, too. I usually find scraps or entire quilt blocks hidden behind the sofa. And if ever we have small children come to visit, I always know that I can find all his toys hidden under the computer desk. He doesn't seem to want to share. (LOL) Our pets are a true blessing from God.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:10 PM

I have a cat that steals straws as well. When we move the stove, there are usually 6 - 7 underneath!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:14 AM

My granddog takes my scarf out of the hat and scarf box at my daughter's house and drags it around so I had to make one for him. I crocheted one for him and stuffed it in my jammies and slept with it over night so it would smell like me. He liks it.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:14 PM

I had a Siamese that loved to chew my thread on my sewing machine. One day she was acting like she felt bad, then the next morning was hiding like cats do when they are very sick. I found a little amount of thread she had thrown up. She had chewed the thread on my machine and swallowed it One end was caught on her tongue, and the other was wrapped around her intestines. She had to have emergency surgery and upwrap the thread from her intestines. The thread almost sawed them in half. It was nip and tuck, but the vet was able to save her. Another hour, and he probably wouldn't have done so. Boy, was I careful of thread after that. I've heard that Siamese like to do that. She was the only Siamese I've had that did that, but watch out for your cats.
Susan
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM

I hope the guilty party doesn't need a visit to the vet...
Old 01-30-2011, 06:33 AM

My cat, Zoe, had surgery to remove a very long piece of red thread that gave her an intestinal blockage. She nearly died. this year the other one, Waldo, ate dozens of hair elastics and had surgery. Since surgery he can't eat enough food and has gained like 2 pounds (he was always too thin before).