Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Thoughts from Patrice >

Thoughts from Patrice

Thoughts from Patrice

Old 11-12-2011, 04:44 AM

[QUOTE=OmaForFour;4660326]I need help with something. Is there a way to just get the newest posts for the partcular day? I have tried What's New and Archive and even when I get to Main the newest posts are not just the day's posts. There are other recent day's posts there too which I have already read. I don't want to have to wade through them. Is this possible?

Oma -- This helps me: I went to settings (top of page), then General Settings (left side of page) and go down to Thread Display Options and find Default Thread Age Cut Off and set it for Show Threads for Last Day then click Save.
Then when I look at the posts I generally recognize the topic: if it is old -- I can also see the number of pages (for ex. notes from Patrice has 18 pages. I can click on last and see what was written yesterday or on all of the preceding pages. Sometimes I will only look at 5 pages at a time). Also you can determine which are the newest posts and see the number or replies and see what the first line of the post is to see if it is something you are interested in reading. We'll get this all figured out eventually if we all help one another!!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:43 AM

I am a borderline changer. But i am getting used to this and find I am exploring the board a little more and have found places that I did not know existed. I do dearly love the people on this board and it is fun realizing that while we are different we are all a like. Keep up the good work Patrice.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:55 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

No, we need to thank you! While I am still finding my way with this new board, I appreciate all the time, effort and thoughtfulness that you have put into making this an even better place to be!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:47 AM

Are there any other folks who now feel that the threads are not as interesting or is it just me? I loved the chit chat and all the interesting bits about quilting as well as lives but do not find the new board that way anymore. I am skipping it entirely some days and spending only a few minutes others for that reason. Maybe it's just me but I am disappointed now.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by justme CA View Post
Are there any other folks who now feel that the threads are not as interesting or is it just me? I loved the chit chat and all the interesting bits about quilting as well as lives but do not find the new board that way anymore. I am skipping it entirely some days and spending only a few minutes others for that reason. Maybe it's just me but I am disappointed now.
I think we are all learning and not chatting as much. To me it's like buying a new pair of shoes because your old ones wore out. You like the new ones but they are just not as comfortable as the old ones.....YET. You have to keep wearing them till they get as comfy as the old ones. Same here, we just have to keep exploring till we get accustomed to all the new gadgets for us to play with. I think the biggest issue for ME is that I find it harder to find new postings, and pick them out of what I have already read. This is really the only drawback for me, and it is not serious enough for me to leave the QB.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:03 AM

I like so many others am getting used to the new format right now I am still learning but I'm sure at some point I will get better at iT !
Old 11-12-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs View Post
I tried this and it didn't work. Can you explain what I need to do now?? Thank you Ilovemydogs for you help. I am terrible with computers.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:13 AM

[QUOTE=grocifer;4669321]
Originally Posted by OmaForFour View Post
I need help with something. Is there a way to just get the newest posts for the partcular day? I have tried What's New and Archive and even when I get to Main the newest posts are not just the day's posts. There are other recent day's posts there too which I have already read. I don't want to have to wade through them. Is this possible?

Oma -- This helps me: I went to settings (top of page), then General Settings (left side of page) and go down to Thread Display Options and find Default Thread Age Cut Off and set it for Show Threads for Last Day then click Save.
Then when I look at the posts I generally recognize the topic: if it is old -- I can also see the number of pages (for ex. notes from Patrice has 18 pages. I can click on last and see what was written yesterday or on all of the preceding pages. Sometimes I will only look at 5 pages at a time). Also you can determine which are the newest posts and see the number or replies and see what the first line of the post is to see if it is something you are interested in reading. We'll get this all figured out eventually if we all help one another!!
Thanks for the tip. I have changed mine from 2 days to last day.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:22 AM

I do hope the community feeling comes back after we learn and get our interface tweeked to suit us. It was that friendly feeling that I loved. I had learned to identify some of the regular posters and because they were a little open about their personal lifes, I felt like I knew them and I looked forward everyday to all the pictures and conversations. let's keep our fingers crossed that the warmth comes back
Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Well, being the kind of person who jumps in feet first, that's what I did. Only now did I read the entIre listing of FAQ's and boy, would I have saved a lot of time and frustration if I had done that first. So now I can easily find FAQ's, but can the link be moved to a header bar? Maybe labelled help?