Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thread from Conmecting Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Christine- View Post
    I've bought 3 sets of their thread. I've used several colors and, yes, they are a little linty but isn't all cotton thread? Is there a brand out there that doesn't make lint?
    Aurifil makes very little lint. But, yes, I think all cotton thread will give off some lint. But, you don't want massive lint balls surrounding your bobbin case or feed dogs and CT does just that. No biggie if you have a vintage machine and can clean it easily, but I don't want that lint traveling into my computerized machine or causing problems in the thread guide of my newer machines.

I use it all the time. It is more linty than some but that's not really a hardship for me. You can always find a color to match your project.

I bought one set, and liked it. Bought 3 more sets of colors later; and some of the spools have knots in the thread. Liked it for the color choice and price; am now having second thoughts about buying it again.

I have a set, but have only used it a couple of times--it seems VERY linty to me, especially the red. I had to vacuum my machine after every bobbin change when I used the red. Just got some Aurifil and really like it, but it is linty also. I guess that's just a cotton thread thing.
    The Trike Riding Quilting Diva

Blog Entries
    I've only heard great things about it. The site says it's low lint which is one of the many things that I love about Aurofil. Because I've only heard great things about it I just placed my first order for 100% cotton in a variety of colors. They have some sets really at a great price so I decided to try it. I've ordered other things from them in the past and had good results so I figured I'd take the plunge. Money is tight but I have to have thread.
    Judy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryQuilter View Post
    I have a set, but have only used it a couple of times--it seems VERY linty to me, especially the red. I had to vacuum my machine after every bobbin change when I used the red. Just got some Aurifil and really like it, but it is linty also. I guess that's just a cotton thread thing.
    It must be with your needles or something with your machine. While I just placed my first order for this cotton I've used Aurifil for 3 yrs almost exclusivly and have no problem with lint and most of the other comments on here have said the same thing. I have 3 different machines (makes) and they all love it. Connecting threads say it's low lint so I'm hoping so.
    Judy

I love the color choices, size of spools and price...but...I can't wait til changing the bobbin to clean the lint. Also i had
    trouble with the thread bleeding. I used red and brown on white fabric and when spraying with water to get my
    markings out the thread bled onto the white and tried everything and it wouldn't come out so learned that lesson
    the hard way!

Dog house mom said it best. I hated the essential pro and thankfully only ordered one cone of it. The essential cotton is so-so. I also found it very linty. I have found too many other threads I like a ton better so I won't be ordering it again.

I have been really pleased with CT. Yes, it is a little linty, but I always clean my machine after using it, so it's never been a big deal for me. I especially like the thread cones as I have used them for both piecing and quilting. I have never had problems with thread bleeding, but I have taken caution when using their red thread.

When money is tight and 100% cotton thread is less than $3 a spool (and a big spool at that) I just can't pass it up!

I switched to Superior threads and have given away most of the thread from CT. CT had way too much lint.

I purchased a set and absoulutely love it - I give it two thumbs up.

It is so funny to see all the diffeent remarks about lint. I started quilting using Mettler and a few other name brand expensive spools of thread. I was getting a ton of lint on my Janome. Then, I tried the Connecting Threads essential cotton spools and the lint was reduced by at least half if not more. I now have a BabyLock Espire and again no problem with lint. I have now used about 6-8 different colors of CT thread and haven't noticed any problems.

I have been using the essentail pro in my ansley and like it so far. Have not seen very much lint.

Blog Entries
    I have a lot of CT threads. My Brother 1500 likes it for machine quilting so I like it.
    Got fabric?

I have just about every color and it is the only thread I use in my longarm, I have never had a problem with it.

I use their Pro line on my long arm and he doesn't mind the bit of lint. It just keeps me cleaning Big Wally as I should.

I Have used this and find it to be a nice thread to use. However I tried some Aurifil thread and have since been using that.
    Like it has been said try one spool and make sure that you and your machine like it before you invest

I use it everyday on both my longarm and my Janome. I have trouble with the lt. pink and black on my longarm, but for me it has been a life saver on thread prices.

I tried it and thought it was ok. Then I noticed that I kept having thread breakage and an awful lot of lint in the bobbin case. I must have 30+ spools of this stuff now. One day I needed white thread and the only one I had for quilting was a spool of the Mettler silk finish cotton. No thread breakage--not much lint. Now I want to go back to Mettler. It is much more expensive but I don't have the grief with it. I change needles 2-3 times while quilting and oil my machine at least once before and during a quilting project. I have tried Aurifil and my machine does not like it. Now I find out that
    the connecting threads is not to my liking.
    I am now on the search for a good price on Mettler silk finish cotton 500 yard spools in 50 wt. I guess I will try to sell
    a bunch of these threads from connecting threads.
    My advice is if you are going to place an order with connecting threads, try one or two but don't do what I did and buy a bunch of them until you try it. Everyone is different and every sewing machine is different.

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I use CT and I like it haven't had any problems.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

TOO linty for me!!

I use the Essential Pro for the long arm and love it!! Can't beat the price
    Debbie in Kentucky
    kydeb.wordpress.com

Blog Entries
    love it use it for all my piecing

KR
    I have a LOT of CT threads! Yes, they DO produce a lot of lint below the throat plate but it forces me to clean there regularly. Since they are so inexpensive I don't feel like I'm throwing $$$ away when un-sewing needs to be done. Comments here said these threads have no luster and I agree with that. So, for actual quilting I'll use a better quality thread, especially for FMQ, unless it's just straight stitching for a utility/charity quilt.
    Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift....that's why it's called the present.
    Karen

Love,love LOVE it!
    Who needs therapy? I quilt!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast