Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thread Question

Thanks Amma for posting the link for Thread Art. Dummy me, I didn't think to do that. I use google so much, I just presume others do too...LOL!

When you go to Thread Art, sign up for the email specials. A few of my sewing friends and I have gone together and purchased stabilizers, threads, bobbin thread for embroidery, hot fix crystals, etc., and received free shipping. We've done this twice now. One person has to coordinate it. When you sign up for their email specials, sometimes they will notify you of a FREE shipping special. Naturally, that's when I order.

couldn't wait to get my order out for connecting threads, had it in a few days, and the price was GREAT, and it works great, BUT..am I the only one who gets a LOT of lint from it? I really want to love it.

my sewing group orders from them and we love the thread. There are 5 of us and we order in bulk to save on shipping. It is a better bargain than Joann's even when it is on sale. Hope that helps

Blog Entries
    Your Welcome! I will go back and sign up for their email :D:D:D

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    Has anyone used their thread in an embroidery machine?
    None of the thread offered at Connecting Threads is for machine embroidery. Machine embroidery thread is typically size 40. Connecting Threads thread is 50.

Since serger thread is thinner and fairly inexpensive , some people use it to test embroidery designs. I tried that, but my Janome 11000 just HATED it, so I now only use thread specifically designed for machine embroidery. Also, I only buy Embroidery Library designs because I've never had to test-drive those first.

Since I have such a huge investment in my machine and accessories, I make every effort to use good quality threads. I buy and try private label groceries and other household products, but I never, never go to "cheap" on fabric, thread, or embroidery designs. (You can see where my priorities lie!)

Love your message, Weezie.....I totally agree on the priorities in life! Sewing supplies, fabric, threads, stablilzers.......AND cat food & litter. LOL!

Blog Entries
    Ok, what does everyone think about the Thread Art thread? I just got it and, so far, it seems fine.

I use Thread Art thread all the time. Their variegated cotton thread is great for quilting, and I use their Rayon & polyester thread for my embroidery machine.
    Sure can't beat their prices!

Blog Entries
    Thanks! That's a relief to hear (since I already ordered it). :lol: Next, I will have to try their embroidery thread. Their prices are good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2