Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tin Lizzie Ram >

Tin Lizzie Ram

Tin Lizzie Ram

Old 10-13-2013, 06:21 AM

Default Tin Lizzie Ram

If you have a Tin Lizzie Ram, have you had any problems with it? I got mine in April and have had one technical problem after another. The distributor and the company have been very supportive and keep fixing it, but I was wondering if this is systemic or just a fluke. I don't know if I should ask for a replacement or a trade-in for a different brand.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Power Poster

So sorry, hope you get it work out.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:16 AM

You might check the Tin Lizzie Yahoo group for help and feedback.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:55 AM

Maybe you got a lemon. Do they have a policy that after so many problems you get a different one ? i would check into it .
Old 10-14-2013, 06:29 AM

I have the sit down 18 and have had issues. Mine is arriving home today after being sent back to the factory for a fix. If it isn't fixed to my satisfaction I think I'm going to have a meltdown and see about getting a new machine.
I heard that they had some issues in the factory (heard from a dealer, not from a TL rep). I wonder if your machine was in the same lot as mine :'(
I love my Lizzie but I don't like it when it doesn't work.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:02 AM

I hope your Lizzie starts behaving herself soon.

Dina
Old 10-14-2013, 01:11 PM

Update...
Large Marge just came home, with a loud thump at the front door. The UPS guy didn't even bother to ring my bell. I'm happy I was home to get her. I live in a good area but a huge box like that might be too tempting for some.

I got her set up and plugged her in. I don't have time to quilt anything tonight but I did put my foot on the pedal for a few minutes to see that she is much quieter than before. I do hope that this will be my only trip to the machine doctor! She's no longer under labor warranty, just parts, so I'm sure it would cost a small fortune to get her fixed after you add up shipping and time spent repairing her. Hubby said that if she breaks down again, we'll sell her and get something else. I hope this will be the only problem. I am going to work through a bunch of quilts over the next few months to make sure she is good to go. If not, I'll be one very unhappy quilter.

I hope yours gets fixed soon too I don't know of many people who have had problems with their Lizzies so I'm pretty sure it was just a bad batch of machines.