Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tip toe through Hexagons Cutie Style, layout etc.........

I al straightening out my other ends so I pulled the few I needed to and moved them to fill in the other sides, some times you need to rearrange a bit so that the pieces that you move make sense to where you are putting the other half, I have not decided as yet as to if I am keeping in the two strays, if I don't it equals one full block that won't get used, not bad all in all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love it Cute!!!

MimiSharon it looks WONDERFUL!

I have been frustrated with mine, I am going to use triangles and THOUGHT I had it pretty close to finish, then... the teenage boy came in.... NOW everything is stacked up in stacks again and COMPLETELY back to square one with the layout!!! sigh....

here is kinda where I started the other day

we will see :roll:

Snce I am sewing on the diagonal, I can either choose to do a y seam here or take off the one piece and keep it straight all the way, it usually depends on my mood what I will choose to do, if I had left the sides with the contour it wouldn't be an issue, everything would just line up, and at the moment I am missing a piece for my edges until I figure out what color my boarder will be, which at this point I am totally clueless and don't really need to worry about it until I am ready to sew my strips together.

At least with the pictures and the fact that your blocks are a bit different looking you can always follow the picture. it was very nice of him to stack them, maybe he stacked them in order?

You going to show us pictures of that? You know my head is out of it today (ok, everyday, but more so today :cry: .)

I mixed it all up a bit, see what you think of this way....

mixed them all around and about
    Name:  Attachment-8685.jpe
Views: 166
Size:  50.7 KB

dark around the light centers
    Name:  Attachment-8686.jpe
Views: 170
Size:  59.1 KB

climbed on the chair to get this one, owwwww
    Name:  Attachment-8687.jpe
Views: 146
Size:  115.3 KB

So if I was to be cutting off the one side to make it even, I would take the pins out of the first row or two and sew my strips like this,

Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    I love it Cute!!!

I have been frustrated with mine, I am going to use triangles and THOUGHT I had it pretty close to finish, then... the teenage boy came in.... NOW everything is stacked up in stacks again and COMPLETELY back to square one with the layout!!! sigh....

I really really love your brights, they make me happy. The teenage boy MOVED THEM??? Does he not know the ache? Tell him to get with it and lay them out again, teach him the appreciation of time. YOURS!

Which ever way that you are doing it, it is a short seam and you will end up with a bunch of strips,

WARNING!!!! keep your strips straight and don't mix them up, it is easy to do and then yo will be trying to figure out what end is what and what matches with what and it is easy to end up with pieces where they don't belong. when sewing I usually put a pin in the start of the row marking it the end, it helps especially if I am working on more than one row at a time, it is a lot of back and forth to where you have it laid out, but you really really really don't want to get them in the wrong order or they won't meet up with their twin when you then put your rows together to form your top. I stop and check regularly to make sure that it is all lining up, which they tend to shrink some when the seams are put in.

That just made my head hurt...it matches my back after scooting around on the floor. I will DARE Neil to walk on my blocks. I want to take my halves apart like you did, but I'm afraid to until I see what you think of my new wavy lines of solid triangles. WHY has this made me so unsure of myself? I love it and already have my maple leaves ready to cut up for the next one. Sheesh

Hugs

I thank that you maybe it is hard to get over making the initial mistake, that you keep seeing it as a mistake instead of the road taken unlike the road not taken, You are doing awesome!

You can always have a headache when others are involved, especially when there is a chance that they will mess up the layout, it isn't to bad when the pins are still in but once they are out it can be a disaster, I generally pule the pins on the rows that I am working on and leave all the rest, I have had lots and lots of help here in the sewng room.

I think I need to leave it alone for the rest of the night. I don't think it will help to try to make sense of anything.

Do I need to get your and Konstantin permission to print this all out into a booklet for myself? I won't sell it, but sometimes I need to read, look at picture, and then sew.

I think I like it now that I have it mixed up. You are right I'm allowing my head to tell me that I 'ruined' it instead of enjoying my lemonade. I will love it though, I already love the way you've taught us.

Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    I thank that you maybe it is hard to get over making the initial mistake, that you keep seeing it as a mistake instead of the road taken unlike the road not taken, You are doing awesome!

You can always have a headache when others are involved, especially when there is a chance that they will mess up the layout, it isn't to bad when the pins are still in but once they are out it can be a disaster, I generally pule the pins on the rows that I am working on and leave all the rest, I have had lots and lots of help here in the sewng room.
    They are helping hold them in place, someone is pulling them away that's all.

I am okay with you printing any and all of it off,

so there is how you line them up to sew strips......... sewing on the pin side, and this is if you are sewing them on the diagonal or on the straight.

Blog Entries
    Those have to be the cutest helpers I have ever seen! I love them. Don't know how you get any sewing done with such cuddly distractions..

My first couple of strips sewn, if you are on the straight they will just be all the same length instead of what they look like here,

They are in the house now thankfully, they are way to much help, the ladies would help just as much if they could figure it out,

Blog Entries
    Awwwwwwwwe - They are so pretty - I wanna live at your house. You sew and I will look after the helpers. LOL

oh they are cute alright, and monsters, they are big babies, but funny, that day they each had their own but usually we play with just one and they tend to have to bring it back together or not at all, sibling rivalry and all of that, they are sisters and show it, they are chow chow collie cross and have a bunch of growing yet to do, They were only born in Aug and these are from around Christmas,

so on this side you will be either filling in the space with some border fabric, or you will be cutting off the ends when yo get the top together,

fill in where the ruler is,
    Name:  Attachment-8692.jpe
Views: 146
Size:  54.4 KB

cutting off the ends
    Name:  Attachment-8693.jpe
Views: 153
Size:  57.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by cutebuns
    At least with the pictures and the fact that your blocks are a bit different looking you can always follow the picture. it was very nice of him to stack them, maybe he stacked them in order?
    hes lucky he got away with his life :shock: all that talk of "barf" and "epilepsy" and "polished turd" guess he never heard those storys about how women get a shortened term for crimes commited due to hormones :shock: :shock: :shock:

A few around here ride pretty close to the edge some days, I don't have to be hormonal either, I am sure that they would go lightly if they understood that he messed up your quilting!

Quote Originally Posted by mimisharon
    Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    I love it Cute!!!

I really really love your brights, they make me happy. The teenage boy MOVED THEM??? Does he not know the ache? Tell him to get with it and lay them out again, teach him the appreciation of time. YOURS!
    thank you! I think the brights are cute also :D I thought the best way to learn this OBW thing was to test drive it on a "little person quilt"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bailey
    Awwwwwwwwe - They are so pretty - I wanna live at your house. You sew and I will look after the helpers. LOL

Can I be your assistant Please?

you all are more than welcome to come and look after the monsters in the house, and there is lots of room to play in the sewing room as well.

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast