Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tired of this project. Wanna start new. >

Tired of this project. Wanna start new.

Tired of this project. Wanna start new.

Old 01-26-2021, 10:45 PM

Default Tired of this project. Wanna start new.

Been working on this 42x54 scrappy top for over a week and so so tired of it. Would love to start new but afraid if I do I will have given birth to a new UFO. Seams (LOL) to happen quite often. Get sooo close to the finish line and ....LOOK a really cool pattern ! and I have the perfect fabric!
Old 01-26-2021, 10:59 PM

Every project I work on I get tired of before it is finished. If I don't force myself to finish, it becomes a UFO. There are so many projects I want to work on and each one takes a lot of time. (You should see my stack of patterns and let's not talk about the fabric that was totally irresistible.)
Old 01-27-2021, 04:13 AM

Are we sisters?

That happens all the time.On top of that one, I get totally lost when it's time to choose a new project and can't decide!

Sewing? Embroidery? Applique? Quilting? Layer Cakes? JR? Charms? or Scraps?
Old 01-27-2021, 04:19 AM

Julienm1, didn’t I see your name in the 2021 UFO thread? LOL. Just sayin.....
Old 01-27-2021, 05:43 AM

I know what you mean, I get so bored sometimes with what I am working on and I start a new I now am doing hexagons lol I guess with everything going on in our world and having to stay at home. because of this covid I can't keep my mind on one thing so I find it a little challenge and just keep on rooting through my things that have started this helps me keep busy even if it does not get finished busy hands keep my mind clear on theses dark and wintery days. we just got to hold on and do what makes us happy.
Old 01-27-2021, 05:56 AM

I tend to have a couple projects going at the same time. This way if I start to get tired of one I can work on the other until I either finish it or get tired of it. Then I can go back to the other one and work on it again. Right now I've lost my sewing mojo and can't seem to get interested in quilting what I do have finished up to that point. Right now I have 12 large quilts plus 2 table runners sitting waiting for me to get my mojo back. Usually I do most of my quilting in the winter time but have construction going on upstairs in the kitchen and every time I feel like quilting I either fall down the stairs and have to sit it out for awhile or the contractor is working upstairs and I'm afraid they'll turn off the power or hit a wire in the walls while I'm working and zap my machine.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

I can stop sewing on a quilt and put it up for months before I go back to it. I put everything I need to finish it in a project bin with it. Even the ruler if I need to cut speciality pieces. I can pull out a project and start where I left off. I like having quilts that need finishing that I can grab and sew.
Old 01-27-2021, 06:52 AM

I am right there with you Julienm1. I have been making blocks with elephants and just yesterday decided I am tired of making them and wanted to work on something else. But---onward I must go to finish these elephant blocks even tho' I got fabric out and ironed to start another project. What is wrong with me or am I just among a lot of quilters that have many, many UFO's?????
Old 01-27-2021, 08:02 AM

This is why I love doing my 6" blocks! A new one everyday and very few duplicates! (Although I have been loving making the twin baby girls quilts!)
Old 01-27-2021, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

When the fun leaves, start something new! I like to work on several things in rotation so I don’t get bored.