Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tired of seeing my same fabric/project >

Tired of seeing my same fabric/project

Tired of seeing my same fabric/project

Old 05-26-2014, 09:47 AM

Default Tired of seeing my same fabric/project

Have not been on very much since I started school, in fact have not quilted very much either but I do have this one quilt that I have been working on what seems like forever. Just want to get it done but i am getting sick and tired of seeing the same fabric. Seems like I am never going to get done. This is suppose to be for my bed but at this point don't think I am even going to want to see it on my bed.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:50 AM

I'm sure others will agree that we all have these feelings at times. That's when I set aside this project and do something else for a while ... another UFO. Just consider yourself a "real" quilter!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Power Poster

When I have a boring task, I wait to do a sew-a-long with Bonnie Hunter on QuiltCam nights. Something about having someone to sew with that keeps me moving. Put a pretty backing on your quilt and put it on your bed with the top face down. After you get tired of looking at the backing, reverse it and the top will make you happy again.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

I'm sometimes sick of a quilt by the time it's finished, but a few days or weeks later I start to enjoy it again. And sometimes just having it bound and washed is enough to make me fall in love with the fabric and design all over again.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:57 AM

Boy, oh boy! Can I ever relate to this! But I do as MaryMo suggests and set it aside and work on something else for awhile. It's kind of like cleaning your palate during a wine tasting party. LOL!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:05 AM

I have put one away for a year's until I can look at it with fresh eyes. Some times it is hard to remember when I started it. If you are still tired of it once it is finished it will make a wonderful gift.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:10 AM

I've had a friend come over and we did a sew-in so t hat we each kept to our projects. It helped focus us and was fun.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:13 AM

I always stop and "rest" when I get to the borders... I think of them as another quilt... Maybe if you stop and "rest" at certain points of a project.. and approach the other stages as new projects it won't feel so all consuming with no end.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:16 AM

Been there, done that. Just put it away for as long as you want. Eventually you'll decide to finish it - or not.

that's up to you. There is no Quilt Police (QP) law that says we must finish every quilt you start. Even if there were, i can't think of anyone who quilts who would be accepted by the QP since every one of us has at least one UFO!
Old 05-26-2014, 10:34 AM

Maybe you can make a quick pillowcase to two to give yourself a break and then get back to it.