Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Titanium Rotary blades ;) >

Titanium Rotary blades ;)

Titanium Rotary blades ;)

Old 02-09-2013, 09:44 AM

I have posted a couple of times about the titanium rotary cutters. I purchased one about 2-3 months ago and love it. I will never buy anything else again. I am still using the same blade and have been through many, many projects and cuts and it is still good as new. Best part; it was only 1$ more than the regular blade. Love them!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 AM

Default Titanium Rotary Blades

Originally Posted by dcamarote View Post
I have posted a couple of times about the titanium rotary cutters. I purchased one about 2-3 months ago and love it. I will never buy anything else again. I am still using the same blade and have been through many, many projects and cuts and it is still good as new. Best part; it was only 1$ more than the regular blade. Love them!
I would love to try these blades but they are not to be found locally. Any suggestions where I could find them on line?
Old 02-09-2013, 11:44 AM

I did not have good luck with Harbor Freight blades. They were rusted and nicked out of the package, the rust was in the center between the two blades so it wasn't visible when looking at the package. I will be searching out the titanium blades, though. If they stay sharper longer like the titantium needles, it sounds pretty sweet.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:47 AM

Amazon has titanium replacement blades in various sizes.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:49 AM

I can use the 45mm Fiskars blades in my Olfa cutter. I don't know about the 60mm cutter though. It used to be that the hole in the center was too small.
Sharon
Round Rock,TX
Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Debbie C View Post
I have been to Harbor Freight in person on several occasions in search of rotary blades. No one at their locations seems to know what the heck I'm talking about!! It seems folks here are finding them, but where??? Are you ordering online?
They are with the carpet cutters. The blades are actually made for them, but they fit regular rotary cutters.

Also, about the mat. I called Fiskar's and was told NOT to soak their mats in water. You might want to call customer service first. This was a couple of years ago and I'm not sure if they improved their mats or not.
Mine was only 6 months old and was already worn. They replaced it for free.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

What great information. I think I will check out titanium blades when JoAnn's next has a great sale, and I would think that the blades were interchangeable. I've bought the regular blades and used them in both my Fiskars and Olfa rotary cutters.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 PM

I didn't see much difference in the titanium blade that came with my Fiscars rotary cutter. All fresh blades cut wonderfully for a few cuts and then dull somewhat. The titanium might have lasted a bit longer than the Harbor Frieght ones, but not by much. I also did not like the Fiscars cutter as I couldn't get the nut tightened enough to stop the blade from wobbling. I've gone back to my 20 yo straight Olfa cutter with HF blades.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM

Great I think I will try it too. As for the cutting mat...................I saw somewhere that you soak your mat in the bathtub with warm water and vinegar and you can gently scrub it.......I did this and it does work beautifully but I did not leave it in the tub overnight. I also used the scrubbies that are the plastic looking ones. I want to put my large mat in to but my tub isn't big enough..............SEW...........when I go to harbor frieght to get blades and the new angle screw driver I am going to pick up a flat sink plug (hmmm maybe dollor store better on that purchase) use the sink plug to sort of plug my huge walk in shower and fill with some water and vinegar and put my mat in there.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:51 PM

My cutting mat is huge. No way it would fit in the bathtub. I guess I will wait until summer and put it in my grandsons swimming pool.