Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tomorrow Saturday 3/18, Is National Quilting Day >

Tomorrow Saturday 3/18, Is National Quilting Day

Tomorrow Saturday 3/18, Is National Quilting Day

Old 03-18-2017, 07:34 AM

Ok - best laid plans. Call DDIL to see how my 17yo DGS was. Found out he was sick yesterday. He has the flu - flu shot not working this year. He wants some of Grandma's chicken noodle soup so guess what I'm doing after I went to the store! Made a batch Monday because DS was just getting better from the flu, DDIL and DGD had it plus DGD started out with strep throat. So this is batch #2 this week. Can we say indulgent Grandma?
Old 03-18-2017, 07:36 AM

im finishing up a retirement quilt, and hopefully working on a baby quilt too.
carla
Old 03-18-2017, 08:21 AM

Will keep enjoying the free Quilt Show videos as I hand quilt my snow ladies, thanks everyone for posting what you are working on....
Old 03-18-2017, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
You don't need an excuse to go to the quilt store and buy fabric......you are among friends here.

Thanks, Jane!

Watson
Old 03-18-2017, 10:30 AM

Sewed binding on 2 mug rugs, finished snowballing 30 blocks for an I Spy quilt. Got out a Christmas quilt I have been working on for 2 years hand quilting and rolled several balls of net for sunflower scrubbies. Not quilting but hey it works for me! Also laundry while hubby is off with his brothers making maple syrup. Nothing like Wisconsin maple syrup on pancakes. Yum!
Old 03-18-2017, 11:32 AM

Finished cleaning, now I'm going to watch some of The Quilt Show offerings (Thanks, Tartan!) and then iron and cut fabric for my next quilt.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:39 AM

Carpooled to a large show yesterday (Friday), spent 7 hours on a charity quilt Thursday, and last Tuesday was Quilters at my church. I'm working on my latest challenge quilt today!
Old 03-18-2017, 02:24 PM

did a bunch of FMQ on an art quilt UFO that has a top made of Lutradur with a fabric collage behind that then the batting and backing. Once I'd finished the FMQ on the sandwich I used a heat gun to "lace" it. Lacing is a technique where you melt the Lutradur using heat. If you've stitched with cotton thread, then that holds the melted Lutradur in place producing a lacy effect. Now I'm letting it sit for a while so I can decide what more I need to do to it.

Tonight I'll do some handwork on another art piece that is a collaboration with a musician/artist friend. He painted and I've FMQ'd, now just needs some finishing touches and then binding. Will probably be working on that tomorrow too when some old winemaking friends come to visit.

Hopefully tomorrow morning before our visitors show up I can make a good start on an art piece that I'm doing with DH. He made a digital collage from a photo he took of a landscape and fish then printed it on fabric and I'm quilting and otherwise embellishing it.

Rob
Old 03-18-2017, 02:37 PM

Our quilt show was today and will be on tomorrow as well, when I'm doing a demo on joining the ends of the binding and also different ways to put anything on to finish the edge of your quilt. There are lots of ideas out there, but I'll have time for only a few. This was a good way to spend National Quilting Day.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:25 PM

Sigh -- Windows Update messed up my machine, then a web site crashed as I was on it and Outlook started losing emails. Spent most of yesterday and today restoring the system. Now I'm beat - hope to do some organizing in the sewing room tomorrow.