Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Tonight I had help

  1. #1
    Super Member TonnieLoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    La Grande, OR
    Posts
    2,458
    What a nice kitty. Lounging around all day. Quietly sleeping in the sunshine, until I start to quilt........... :evil:

    BU BU's name is really Babyuggie. When she was a kitten, one of my granddaughters said to me: "Gamma! Dat's da uggiest baby kitty I eber seed." Thus the birth of Babyuggie, affectionately known as BU BU. Or the Queen; better yet, Your Highness.

    BU BU so sweet
    Name:  Attachment-176822.jpe
Views: 29
Size:  2.51 MB

    No BU BU, NOOOOOO
    Name:  Attachment-176823.jpe
Views: 38
Size:  2.55 MB

    Until I decide to quilt
    Name:  Attachment-176824.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  2.51 MB

    What? Who me? I am innocent!
    Name:  Attachment-176825.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  58.9 KB

    It's a stare down
    Name:  Attachment-176826.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  2.48 MB

    I think she wins
    Name:  Attachment-176834.jpe
Views: 35
Size:  2.30 MB

  2. #2
    Senior Member Fabric Galore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    996
    Blog Entries
    3
    I had a cat that loved to eat my paper patterns. He was a sweetie but I think he was jealous when I quilted and ignored him. Your Bu Bu is adorable. What's a quilt without some pet hair in it? :-) :-) :-)

  3. #3
    Super Member quilting cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Posts
    1,897
    My tortie loves to keep me company in the sewing room because it is the warmest room in the house on sunny days. She usually sleeps on the chair by the serger while I am at my regular machine.
    Thanks for sharing the cute pics!

  4. #4
    Bottle Blonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    481
    My cats ignore me all day --- until I sit down in the recliner to sew. The sound of my scissors must sound like "here kitty kitty kitty" and they both come running and want to sit in my lap! Then they want to bite and swat at the thread when I thread the needle. I have to stop sewing and pet them until they are in a purring coma and then they will snuggle on the sofa and go back to sleep! This routine happens every night and I enjoy the game as much as they do!

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,504
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

  6. #6
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    They ALWAYS win!!! Oh she's a cutie!!
    I have a Boo-boo, her real name is Mabel but
    we call her boo-boo.
    My son insisted on naming her Mabel Anne lol

    Love your Bu Bu!!!!!!! :D:D

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    7,302
    Blog Entries
    1
    I love your BU BU. And hmmm....that look is very familiar! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

    Don't even THINK about moving me!!
    Name:  Attachment-176831.jpe
Views: 22
Size:  92.9 KB

  8. #8
    Super Member TonnieLoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    La Grande, OR
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    I love your BU BU. And hmmm....that look is very familiar! :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:
    So much for completing my UFO for the day! Oh well. She's probably the reason it became a UFO to begin with. :evil:

  9. #9
    Super Member TonnieLoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    La Grande, OR
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    They ALWAYS win!!! Oh she's a cutie!!
    I have a Boo-boo, her real name is Mabel but
    we call her boo-boo.
    My son insisted on naming her Mabel Anne lol

    Love your Bu Bu!!!!!!! :D:D
    BU BU, MableAnne; they all answer to the sound of the refrigerator door. ;-)

  10. #10
    Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    17,462
    So true, and Carmello comes when I call the girls names . He's so afraid of missing something!hahahahahaha

  11. #11
    Super Member Stacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hillcountry in Texas
    Posts
    1,035
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    They ALWAYS win!!! Oh she's a cutie!!
    I have a Boo-boo, her real name is Mabel but
    we call her boo-boo.
    My son insisted on naming her Mabel Anne lol

    Love your Bu Bu!!!!!!! :D:D
    BU BU, MableAnne; they all answer to the sound of the refrigerator door. ;-)
    Or the can opener.

  12. #12
    Super Member suebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    What a nice kitty. Lounging around all day. Quietly sleeping in the sunshine, until I start to quilt........... :evil:

    BU BU's name is really Babyuggie. When she was a kitten, one of my granddaughters said to me: "Gamma! Dat's da uggiest baby kitty I eber seed." Thus the birth of Babyuggie, affectionately known as BU BU. Or the Queen; better yet, Your Highness.
    It is obvious who rules the roost! Hilarious. Gotta love the fur babies.

  13. #13
    Member Mamawcj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    SE Oklahoma
    Posts
    75
    Blog Entries
    1
    My Diesel (aka D Cat) either lays on the fabric I am trying to cut (as in my Avatar) or my ironing board. That is when he is not demanding that I stop sewing right now and pet him.

  14. #14
    Super Member TonnieLoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    La Grande, OR
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacey
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    They ALWAYS win!!! Oh she's a cutie!!
    I have a Boo-boo, her real name is Mabel but
    we call her boo-boo.
    My son insisted on naming her Mabel Anne lol

    Love your Bu Bu!!!!!!! :D:D
    BU BU, MableAnne; they all answer to the sound of the refrigerator door. ;-)
    Or the can opener.
    :lol: This is true!

  15. #15
    Super Member TonnieLoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    La Grande, OR
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamawcj
    My Diesel (aka D Cat) either lays on the fabric I am trying to cut (as in my Avatar) or my ironing board. That is when he is not demanding that I stop sewing right now and pet him.
    I swear, there must be some special "How to be a cat" video they all watch before we get them to learn how to be adorably irritating. :lol:

    Here it is!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qit3ALTelOo

  16. #16
    Super Member TonnieLoree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    La Grande, OR
    Posts
    2,458
    Quote Originally Posted by suebee
    Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    What a nice kitty. Lounging around all day. Quietly sleeping in the sunshine, until I start to quilt........... :evil:

    BU BU's name is really Babyuggie. When she was a kitten, one of my granddaughters said to me: "Gamma! Dat's da uggiest baby kitty I eber seed." Thus the birth of Babyuggie, affectionately known as BU BU. Or the Queen; better yet, Your Highness.
    It is obvious who rules the roost! Hilarious. Gotta love the fur babies.
    BU BU would be your doggies best friend. She will not tolerate another cat, but she warms right up to dogs.

  17. #17
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mabank, Texas
    Posts
    8,280
    I have a baby that looks just like BU BU.

  18. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Posts
    292
    Blog Entries
    2
    LOL! My cat does the same thing!

  19. #19
    Super Member terri bb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St Maries, Idaho
    Posts
    2,196
    this is my furball. i went thru all my pics of her and this one made me choke i laughed so hard! yes, thats lipstick, so she was ready for kisses from my sissy. she's a purebred himalayan persian flame point, her birth name is Azreah, but she has gained the name of Miss Poofy Pooferton :) she gets bathed once a month or so, is groomed and brushed daily, has to have her food just so, and is a real pill!! (can you tell i just love her?) she lays on the back of my chair, on my blocks, my little squares, sleeps on the towel i iron on, nothing is sacred! hope this gives you a chucke for the evening!
    Attached Images Attached Images

  20. #20
    a regular here countrycottage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Gilmer, Texas
    Posts
    722
    I think she's adorable! I especially like the one where she's frowning.

  21. #21
    Super Member chuckbere15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Madison Heights, MI
    Posts
    1,092
    Blog Entries
    4
    Isn't it great when your quilts are used by your loved ones!

  22. #22
    Super Member Diana Lynne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    east coast of SC
    Posts
    1,206
    Blog Entries
    1
    LOL that is just so cute...You have to wonder just what do our fur kids think some times :D

  23. #23
    Super Member eparys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,230
    Aw - so cute!!

  24. #24
    Super Member quiltmaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In Hiding
    Posts
    1,227
    Too cute....I also have 2 cats that insist on helping me in my quilting...what I think is not important as they always feel they know best. One likes to sit behind my machine and bite at the thread coming off the spool....and the other wants to help with my cutting and sorting of blocks. There are days it is a real challenge with the ganging up on me but life would be so dull without their wisdom. The old adage that cats own us is true. Our powers are very limited with our loving cats unless we're able to close our door but then the meowing makes peace impossible which I think is their primary motivation. :wink:

  25. #25
    Super Member bisseau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,573
    AWW!

    Since my sewing space is not part of the house my cats don't have access (indoor cats) but at night I crochet while watching the news with DH. Afghans in progress are definite cat magnets at my house...sometimes it halts all work.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.