Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TONS OF COPIES NOW--DARN COPIER

OH MY!!! that happened to me at Christmas time with a recipe. so I thought if I like this maybe me friends would. so I put them in my Christmas cards.Joke is I had 88 pages.I hit the 8 twice.My friends enjoyed this. Oh and Debbie just got one from me.I still have some left over. Want one please PM me.

Blog Entries
    I unplug mine when that happens and replug it, and it stops extra printing. At leastr mine does, don't know about others printer.

Pull the plug...works everytime. Tee Hee!!!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I first take the paper out and then stop yhe printing process correctly.

[quote=Pat G]
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose

Boy, do I feel dumb. I used to do that but had completely forgotten it. Thanks so much for all of the advice.
    Don't feel dumb. It's just that you may need to clean out the lint in your brain. It gets dusty up there when you sew a lot -- just like your machine. That lint gets everywhere! :lol:

It's sounds like your copier came alive and now you have to protect yourself from the monster. LOL LOL

All I could picture was all the paper going all over and the copy machine just doing it faster and faster. ... I'm sorry but you made me laugh today..... I had a very upsetting night last night and I was worried today but I always come to this site and when I read your post you made me cheer up and laugh. But I sure do hope you get it stopped as ink is expensive........

Quote Originally Posted by Pat G
    I tried to print off a free quilt pattern yest. & my printer would not copy. I tried with sev. other things & still no copies. Today when I turn my copier on, it is now printing maybe 14 copies of that quilt pattern I tried to get yest. I've even had to reload more paper. How does anybody get a copier to STOP printing even if I hit cancel (& every other button on it)? Very frustrating.
    (Now it's printing off numerous baked stuffed mushrooms recipes I tried to get last night. Anybody need a recipe)? LOL
    I love stuffed mushrooms :mrgreen: I'm in for the recipe :lol:

all i have to do is right click on the printer icon on tool bar..then click on the printing item line and right click and cancel..that is on my hp.

I tried to print off a free quilt pattern yest. & my printer would not copy. I tried with sev. other things & still no copies. Today when I turn my copier on, it is now printing maybe 14 copies of that quilt pattern I tried to get yest. I've even had to reload more paper. How does anybody get a copier to STOP printing even if I hit cancel (& every other button on it)? Very frustrating.
    (Now it's printing off numerous baked stuffed mushrooms recipes I tried to get last night. Anybody need a recipe)? LOL
    First, quickly STOP the printer right away (turn if OFF), then UNPLUG the power cord (this can be simply at the cord going into the printer, not necessarily at the wall plug), then DELETE the documents on the computer that are to be printed as explained by others. Some printers delete all printing jobs when turned off, others do not so you'll need to figure out how your printer operates. You can also first quickly PULL out the paper also, then do all the other steps as necessary for your printer.

Pam M

Blog Entries
    Completely off subject---Can I get a bigger copy of your ap? It is exactly what I want for my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
    I unplug mine when that happens and replug it, and it stops extra printing. At leastr mine does, don't know about others printer.
    Thanks for the suggestion but that didn't work with mine. Somebody hit it right by reminding me to go to Start, Computer, Printer & cancelling everything stored there. I still feel dumb for not remembering that.
    I sure appreciate everybody's help with my problem. Hopefully it will help others fix their prob. too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl
    All I could picture was all the paper going all over and the copy machine just doing it faster and faster. ... I'm sorry but you made me laugh today..... I had a very upsetting night last night and I was worried today but I always come to this site and when I read your post you made me cheer up and laugh. But I sure do hope you get it stopped as ink is expensive........
    Yes, I was very concerned about the amt. of ink that was going out the window. Monster was just what it felt like. I even got up & walked away from it for awhile because I felt so out of control.
    I hope whatever you worried about last night is better now.

Turn it off and unplug it for ten seconds. That'll fix it's little red wagon. Sometimes you have to remind them who's boss!

Blog Entries
    Did you go to the bottom of your monitor in the tool bar where your printer icon is located and click on that this will take you to the printer printing section or at least it does on my computer, anyway, when you get there it should tell you haow many prints or pages are in que, which really means ready to print, or waiting to print, then mine shows pause, cancel printing or delete job. You will need to click on the cancel there or delete job. Sometimes you have to highlight it there.Different printers show different things. Or you can find the printer on your computer under computers section and click on the printer and go to elp to see how your particular printer works. Canceling at the printer usually doesn't work, especially if you have sever pages pending when you tried to print and it failed. The memory is still in the printer, that's why it is continuing to print. You said it printed about 14 copies, then that's how many times you clicked on it to print for you and failed to do so. Hope this helps you out.

Blog Entries
    Mine has done this also and it didn't make any difference if I went to the queue and cancelled it still didn't cancel and I couldn't print anything until it made up it's mind to work again. Got one from my daughter and now that won't print in color.

Blog Entries

No, don't need a recipe. LOL Am having the same problem with mine. It's making copies of things that I wanted printed away back when. It is frustrating and gets on my nerves when things like that happen. Thing usually go well for me, but there are times--------- Marge L.

No thanks.....sure do love your avatar :D

Turn it off.

Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    My printer queue hangs up sometimes, especially if I'm printing PDF files. It gets so bad that the only way I can get it to empty the queue after cancelling the print job is to shut it off for HOURS! Mine is an HP all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax. More hassle than it's worth some days.
    HP stands for Huge Pain in my house.

The number of copies might be the result of how many times you tried to print the item....printer didn't print it at first, but all the other commands went into memory, and now you're getting it! (That's my excuse....which is generally what hubby says I did "wrong".)

It may be those pesky little gremlins that are having a ball at your expense. LOL I honestly have no answer, but know how you feel because mine has done the very same thing. Just kept on & on printing page after page after page. I use the scrap paper to take notes on all of the time or make grocery lists. LOL To heck with buying cute paper for grocery lists & errands & such. LOL Good luck and hope you get this figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by katier825
    My printer queue hangs up sometimes, especially if I'm printing PDF files. It gets so bad that the only way I can get it to empty the queue after cancelling the print job is to shut it off for HOURS! Mine is an HP all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax. More hassle than it's worth some days.
    Mine was the Dell 4-in-one and I had the same problem! I think it was made by HP. Never knew what it would spew out when I booted up in the morning, and never did get the fax to work! Just bought a Kodak all-in-one, the ink refills will save me a fortune

I tried to print off a free quilt pattern yestterday & my printer would not copy. I tried with several other things & still no copies. Today when I turn my copier on, it is now printing maybe 14 copies of that quilt pattern I tried to get yest. I've even had to reload more paper. How does anybody get a copier to STOP printing even if I hit cancel (& every other button on it)? Very frustrating.
    This happens to me all the time when the printer doesn't work first go. I go into the printer file and delete all the other copies that had built up. Try not to push the print button too many times.

The quick fix is to unplug, as opposed to turning off, the printer then go into the computer printer file and delete all queued printing. Unplugging the printer dumps it's internal memory. While clearing out the printing file queue in the computer dumps that.

i did that @ work last week, accidently printed a 1017 pg report.. oops... by the time i got a hold of the help (we can't help you) desk, it was just about done printing...

so we all split up the paper, cut it up for scrap & took some home for our grandkids to color on....

i guess if that was the biggest error i made last week, it was a good week!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast