Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
TONS OF COPIES NOW--DARN COPIER >

TONS OF COPIES NOW--DARN COPIER

TONS OF COPIES NOW--DARN COPIER

Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 PM

Mine has done this also and it didn't make any difference if I went to the queue and cancelled it still didn't cancel and I couldn't print anything until it made up it's mind to work again. Got one from my daughter and now that won't print in color.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
I tried to print off a free quilt pattern yest. & my printer would not copy. I tried with sev. other things & still no copies. Today when I turn my copier on, it is now printing maybe 14 copies of that quilt pattern I tried to get yest. I've even had to reload more paper. How does anybody get a copier to STOP printing even if I hit cancel (& every other button on it)? Very frustrating.
(Now it's printing off numerous baked stuffed mushrooms recipes I tried to get last night. Anybody need a recipe)? LOL

No, don't need a recipe. LOL Am having the same problem with mine. It's making copies of things that I wanted printed away back when. It is frustrating and gets on my nerves when things like that happen. Thing usually go well for me, but there are times--------- Marge L.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:38 PM

No thanks.....sure do love your avatar :D
Old 04-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Turn it off.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by katier825
My printer queue hangs up sometimes, especially if I'm printing PDF files. It gets so bad that the only way I can get it to empty the queue after cancelling the print job is to shut it off for HOURS! Mine is an HP all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax. More hassle than it's worth some days.
HP stands for Huge Pain in my house.

The number of copies might be the result of how many times you tried to print the item....printer didn't print it at first, but all the other commands went into memory, and now you're getting it! (That's my excuse....which is generally what hubby says I did "wrong".)
Old 04-02-2011, 11:14 PM

It may be those pesky little gremlins that are having a ball at your expense. LOL I honestly have no answer, but know how you feel because mine has done the very same thing. Just kept on & on printing page after page after page. I use the scrap paper to take notes on all of the time or make grocery lists. LOL To heck with buying cute paper for grocery lists & errands & such. LOL Good luck and hope you get this figured out.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by katier825
My printer queue hangs up sometimes, especially if I'm printing PDF files. It gets so bad that the only way I can get it to empty the queue after cancelling the print job is to shut it off for HOURS! Mine is an HP all in one printer/copier/scanner/fax. More hassle than it's worth some days.
Mine was the Dell 4-in-one and I had the same problem! I think it was made by HP. Never knew what it would spew out when I booted up in the morning, and never did get the fax to work! Just bought a Kodak all-in-one, the ink refills will save me a fortune
Old 04-04-2011, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pat G
I tried to print off a free quilt pattern yestterday & my printer would not copy. I tried with several other things & still no copies. Today when I turn my copier on, it is now printing maybe 14 copies of that quilt pattern I tried to get yest. I've even had to reload more paper. How does anybody get a copier to STOP printing even if I hit cancel (& every other button on it)? Very frustrating.
(Now it's printing off numerous baked stuffed mushrooms recipes I tried to get last night. Anybody need a recipe)? LOL
This happens to me all the time when the printer doesn't work first go. I go into the printer file and delete all the other copies that had built up. Try not to push the print button too many times.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:36 AM

The quick fix is to unplug, as opposed to turning off, the printer then go into the computer printer file and delete all queued printing. Unplugging the printer dumps it's internal memory. While clearing out the printing file queue in the computer dumps that.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:06 PM

i did that @ work last week, accidently printed a 1017 pg report.. oops... by the time i got a hold of the help (we can't help you) desk, it was just about done printing...

so we all split up the paper, cut it up for scrap & took some home for our grandkids to color on....

i guess if that was the biggest error i made last week, it was a good week!