Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Too slow even with fewer uses online >

Too slow even with fewer uses online

Too slow even with fewer uses online

Old 04-05-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Most all the problem I have had is the slowness. And I've got real fast dservice. I've been wondering why they changed things to start with, never had any problems before.
Same here, very slow and I have a DSL, now today when I received my e mail to the quilting site I could no loinger just click the link (which I was able to do just yesterday) now I have to copy it into the browser. What's with that! Board is very slow, especially when you reply to a post. I keep wondering if it's working and then finally it posts! Not sure the reason for the upgrade or maintenance on the site, I though it had been working fine.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by fishnlady
It would be considerate if who ever is in charge of this site could send out an email to everyone explaining the reasons for the changes and how its progressing and also the expected resolution date. I think everyone would be more understanding then. Just a suggestion to the powers that be.
See TaliaRose's comments in this thread. She says to send her an email if anyone is having a problem.

Originally Posted by Nolee
I'm sure the moderators had valid reasons for going to a new server, but as far as I am concerned, we never had a single problem with the old server. Their speed was excellent. When I opened this morning's newsletter, the link was not dark as a link. That is the first time THAT has happened.
Nolee, TaliaRose works for the company that this board was moved to, so it makes sense that the board got moved there.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:00 AM

really slow after the maintenance.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:09 AM

The new servers just can't handle the traffic. It is that simple and I am sure the new owners of the board have realized this and will accomodate us as soon as possible. It takes time and money and all we need to do is be patient. Just think....we can get that much more quilting done to show off here when things calm down! Happy quilting!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:39 AM

It will speed things up a bit if you hold down the shift button and then click on the link you want. the message will come up in a new webpage. I tried it the other way and the wait was toooo long.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Para722
I ma having the same problem. I have been without my computer for 2 weeks and I was hopping to catch up on the board but it is taking so long I just am reading today and deleting the rest.
note to all: please do not mistake the emails for the board itself. there is a HUGE difference.

the emails merely list an itty bitty smattering of topics. they don't even scratch the surface of all that's available here.

if you rely on the emails you are going to miss a great deal.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 AM

My Google Chrome browser is working pretty fast with the site now....thanks Admin!
Old 04-05-2011, 01:04 PM

The only difference that I've seen is that it takes a while for my reply post to appear. Nothing too bad.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:00 PM

I've been getting page not found /can not display/and real slow response for the last 2 weeks but only here I couldn't access at all in the morn of 4-3 or 4-4 due to maintainence again and this AM it was so slow I shut it down this seems like its been since their maintainence but its OK tonite :?: :?:
Old 04-05-2011, 05:10 PM

Ever since the change I have been slowww....I give up after waiting for things to come up...very annoying!