Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Travel Kit? >

Travel Kit?

Travel Kit?

Old 07-09-2008, 12:56 PM

Hahaha. I have to laugh about a "travel kit."

I used to carry a sewing kit with me on the job for when I had a lot of down time.

I had a cute table runner that I made and had like an hour and a half between jobs and wanted to sew on the binding.

Problem was, my job was in the courthouse and the security confiscated my needles and sewing scissors.

But, I had a threaded needle in the actual fabric from when I had began the blind stitching. They didn't detect that in the x-ray machine.

So, I borrowed someone's scissors and they let me keep my thimble and just sewed anyway.

That really ticked me off. There's a point where security is ridiculous. Someone's needles and sewing scissors are not terrorist paraphernalia.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:26 PM

Just got back from 12 hours on the road and took my dresden plate circles. my squares and the centers with me, sewed on the way home, of course needles, thread small scissors thimble and pins it all fit in a large zip lock bag. I have also taken my hand quilting and managed to finnish a quilt on one of these trips.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:33 AM

We RV for the summer, so I take a small sewing machine, my kit with sewing supplies, and a project or two to work on. Also knitting supplies for slippers.