Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tri-Recs Rulers/Tool >

Tri-Recs Rulers/Tool

Tri-Recs Rulers/Tool

Old 09-18-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by pjnesler View Post
I used the Tri-recs making my last Bonnie Hunter - worked out fine for me, she does such a great job on instructing us how to use the different rulers, if she hadn't, I'm sure I would never have used any of the specialty rulers! As you say, packaging isn't that helpful.
I have this ruler too and have never used it-I will go see what Bonnie does with it,thanks
Old 09-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Power Poster

I thought about getting it - and then decided I could draw my own templates easily enough.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:44 PM

I love mine; perfect for Tennessee Waltz that am doing; much better than Eleanor Burns templates for me. And I have recommended it to other quilters who used it successfully.
Old 09-18-2014, 03:21 PM

I bought a Tri-Recs set for a class I took at my guild's quilt college last spring. We made the 54-40 or Fight block which was very quick and easy. She also showed us pictures of several more to make using the Tri-Recs. According to my teacher who has used hers many times, the earlier version of the ruler set came with better detailed instructions, my new one did not. She had copied the ones from hers and distributed to the class, it helps a lot. There are some instructions available from the manufacturer online here: http://www.simplicity.com/t-tutorial...lic-Tools.aspx There are a lot of others on you tube, ect. too.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:37 PM

I find it to be a most useful tool, and it performs well for the purpose it was designed for.

It would seem silly to mark every tool with what it is *not*. Shall we have icepicks marked "not a screw driver"? Can openers labeled with "not a blender"?

While the printed directions with the tool may be somewhat spare, there are certainly many instructionals on the world wide web available for free and with the greatest of ease.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by SweatyPie View Post
I find it to be a most useful tool, and it performs well for the purpose it was designed for.

It would seem silly to mark every tool with what it is *not*. Shall we have icepicks marked "not a screw driver"? Can openers labeled with "not a blender"?

While the printed directions with the tool may be somewhat spare, there are certainly many instructionals on the world wide web available for free and with the greatest of ease.
Too funny! Sorta like hot coffee cautions on fast food coffees!

But seriously, I'm making a storm-at-sea for my daughter, have the ruler, but would lovesome instruction on how to use it for this pattern--have used it on Bonnie Hunter' Celtic Solstice (ok,still working on it!)
Old 09-18-2014, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
I love mine; perfect for Tennessee Waltz that am doing; much better than Eleanor Burns templates for me. And I have recommended it to other quilters who used it successfully.
I will be trying the Tennessee Waltz with mine as suggested by a kind Quilt Board Member. When I get the time to play instead of quilting for my kids.
Old 09-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Power Poster

Once I learned how to use them, I think they are great. I had to get Bonnie to show me how at one of her workshops.