Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Triangle Frenzy help >

Triangle Frenzy help

Triangle Frenzy help

Old 08-03-2017, 04:40 AM

Several very intriguing suggestions. Love stripes too so have a few pieces to try new ideas . . . again.
Old 08-03-2017, 05:16 AM

Barb in Louisiana, really like the Spinning Frenzy. Thanx for sharing this!.
Old 08-03-2017, 07:40 AM

If you put the same ones together (using 8 triangles), you would end up with 3 alike for the black and 2 alike for the blues. This total of 6 darks and 4 blues should give you enough to do a lot of things, maybe even several items. My first thought is a quilt top of alternating blocks - Black # 1 , #2, #1 for top row, Black #2, #1, #2 for bottom row and then either straight row or stagger two rows in the center of the 4 blocks of blues (2 of each kind). Hope that makes sense. If you wanted to make a wider table topper, you could make use the black blocks and alternate them and also stagger them to add width.
Old 08-03-2017, 10:39 AM

klswift ... I'm confused LOL how would I put 8 triangles together? I can only put 6 together to make a circle ... where would the other two go?

I'm having a much harder time organizing these than I thought I would hahahahaha
Old 08-03-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
how about something modern like this?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...g-patterns.jpg
I love this. Nice find.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:53 PM

So I went with this one:

it's a bit wonky right now, but you get the idea.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]577972[/ATTACH]

I still have lots of triangles left, so I'm going to see if I can do the one that quilt nan posted!

I tried very hard to do this layout in EQ7 ... i got everything except being able to crop my fabric into a triangle ... more reading to do!

Thanks all
Attached Thumbnails img_1676.jpg  
Old 08-03-2017, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Oh I love it!!! seriously. I want to do another one and have two different fabrics to try out. Thanks for the pictures.
Old 08-04-2017, 06:57 PM

Default Triangle Frenzy® Quilt? I've made hundreds, right on my hard drive...

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
Does anyone have any ideas?

I have also been trying to figure it out on my EQ and while I can get the layout fine, I can get my images to look right lol ...
Sorry I'm late to this thread.
Boy, do I have ideas!!
I can help you with the EQ, too. Since you figured out the layout, are you having trouble with the image scale? The rotate fabric? The fussy cut? You shouldn't need to crop your fabrics, just put them into the blocks. Or maybe you need a different layout.

As someone already said, the triangles won't sew back together into the diamond if you have cut them with a pointed tip. To make them fit now, you will have to cut 1/4'' off the bottom of each triangle. You can trust me on this, and/or try it yourself. OOps, I see in your photo that you have no diamonds, so don't worry about that part.
To match the stripes in the future, you must use a blunt tip ruler, like the Creative Grids Equilateral Triangle ruler.

I'm giving away all my work and research here, but it seems that all of you would appreciate and put it to good use. And maybe share something with me?

Wendy's Spinning Stripes (not Spinning Frenzy, though I do need to come up with a good name for it) sent me off on the next track for a larger quilt. I see that I need to get going so that the quilters that are not part of this board can make a quilt, too.

QuiltNan's link to Karen's Design Wall Wednesday is one of my first inspirations. I even called Karen to see if she was going to write a pattern for that, but she hadn't figured out how.

The quilt in this month's Modern Quilt looks great, but the magazine changed her directions so that it won't sew together right (see my comment on the blunt-tip ruler, above)

It's great seeing all the fabrics and variations of my patterns. Thank you for your support.

Questions?

Bunnie Cleland
Triangle Frenzy® LLC
Artistically Engineered Designs
Old 08-05-2017, 06:54 AM

Thank you Bunnie ... what I am trying to figure out in EQ is how to get the fabric to go into a triangle.

I have no problems with layout, etc. I've uploaded my image but need to crop it into a triangle with the border on the edge so that I can rotate it the way I want.

If you know how to do that, or can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome.

I will be done this tonight (sewing the actual quilt top), but would love to be able to figure out how to do it in EQ for future layouts.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:26 AM

All sewn together!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578059[/ATTACH]

and the back of the top!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]578060[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_1678.jpg   img_1680.jpg