Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Triangulations software??? >

Triangulations software???

Triangulations software???

Old 02-03-2012, 06:56 AM

I've got to check this out because I've nver even heard of it before. thanks. (Yes, I live in the boonies)
Old 02-03-2012, 06:57 AM

What is this software and how is it different than say EQ? A new tool is tempting!
Old 02-03-2012, 07:59 AM

Wow! That is quite an endorsement! Thanks for telling me. I partcipate in BOM every year and am so frustrated with different sizes, losing points, etc.

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
Me, too. I just finished a top made of about 1500 HSTs - they were made over many months, so the opportunities for inaccuracies were many. The only blocks I had any trouble with - having to ooch and skooch to make them work - were the first two months' worth of blocks, where I had sewn just to the right of the line. The rest of the months, I sewed right on the line which gave me 145 blocks which are precisely the same size, with seams in the same places. And (miraculously!) I managed to NOT chop off all my points or make the points float. (insert happy dance! )

It's a little extra work, but gosh, it sure is nice to have fewer headaches in the assembly stage.

The best price I found was at Connecting Threads.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:08 AM

hey a 2.5" finished hst would be 3" unfinished. did you get the right size when you cut them down?

Originally Posted by Sew N Tune View Post
Funny, you should ask. My mother gave me this for Christmas this year. I love the method. I'm working on a project now that needs 2.5 finished half square triangles. I chose the correct sheet within the software, printed out the sheets needed, sewed, cut and they came out 3.0 in. Page clearly states "2.5 finished size". Ughhhh. Had to trim them all back. Guess that's better than not being big enough.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:16 AM

Wow! That sounds great. I get frustrated with BOM projects turning out different sized blocks and losing points. Hoping this may help.

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
Me, too. I just finished a top made of about 1500 HSTs - they were made over many months, so the opportunities for inaccuracies were many. The only blocks I had any trouble with - having to ooch and skooch to make them work - were the first two months' worth of blocks, where I had sewn just to the right of the line. The rest of the months, I sewed right on the line which gave me 145 blocks which are precisely the same size, with seams in the same places. And (miraculously!) I managed to NOT chop off all my points or make the points float. (insert happy dance! )

It's a little extra work, but gosh, it sure is nice to have fewer headaches in the assembly stage.

The best price I found was at Connecting Threads.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:29 AM

I printed out the same kind of sheets from the internet for free. It was tricky determining what they meant by finished as opposed to what size they were when you made them.. Theat took me the longest to figure out. But I love the method and got tons of beautiful HST all the same size.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Page clearly states "2.5 finished size". Ughhhh. Had to trim them all back.
Well, that's a bummer - one of the huge benefits of Triangulations is that you don't have to waste time or fabric in trimming the squares - they finish the exact size with no trimming.

Can you try printing the page, again and when the printer dialogue comes up, look carefully to see if there is any page scaling or "fit to page" selected anywhere?

Different printers handle the various file formats differently, but I think it's universal that page scaling should not be selected and the proportion should be set to 100%.

Try printing one sheet and measure the distance between sewing lines - from one sewing line across one cutting line to the other sewing line. The measurement should be really close to ½". Also measure a single square on the print - it should measure 3-3/8" wide and 3-3/8" tall. See what happens when you do a test print and let us know. Maybe someone call help you troubleshoot this.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:51 AM

Funny, you should ask. My mother gave me this for Christmas this year. I love the method. I'm working on a project now that needs 2.5 finished half square triangles. I chose the correct sheet within the software, printed out the sheets needed, sewed, cut and they came out 3.0 in. Page clearly states "2.5 finished size". Ughhhh. Had to trim them all back. Guess that's better than not being big enough.

You need to make sure you select "no scaling" when you print it out or you will have sizing issues that are due to your printing preferences. It states this in the directions for the software.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
I printed out the same kind of sheets from the internet for free. It was tricky determining what they meant by finished as opposed to what size they were when you made them.. Theat took me the longest to figure out. But I love the method and got tons of beautiful HST all the same size.
The free ones on the net are o.k. but the ones for Triangulations are all sizes, so no size limitations.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:52 PM

Me too....I have Triangulations and love it. There are so many sizes to choose from and such an efficient use of both paper and fabric. And the precision is spot on. I think I got mine from Connecting Threads on sale last year.

Anita