Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Triangulations software???

Triangulations software???

Who uses the Triangulations software and how do you like it? Love it or just okay?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I use it and I love it! Great for making borders or sashing when setting blocks that are different sizes!

Great Jacquie! Where is the best place to purchase?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    from Brenda herself!
    http://www.bearpawproductions.com/

Got mine from Connecting Threads. Love it!

*raises hand* Another very satisfied user of Triangulations here. Over the years I believe I've made HSTs by every method there is, and to me, Triangulations is the hands-down best. I still haven't used it for making flying geese, but plan to do that soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffy Daphne View Post
    *raises hand* Another very satisfied user of Triangulations here. Over the years I believe I've made HSTs by every method there is, and to me, Triangulations is the hands-down best.
    Me, too. I just finished a top made of about 1500 HSTs - they were made over many months, so the opportunities for inaccuracies were many. The only blocks I had any trouble with - having to ooch and skooch to make them work - were the first two months' worth of blocks, where I had sewn just to the right of the line. The rest of the months, I sewed right on the line which gave me 145 blocks which are precisely the same size, with seams in the same places. And (miraculously!) I managed to NOT chop off all my points or make the points float. (insert happy dance! )

It's a little extra work, but gosh, it sure is nice to have fewer headaches in the assembly stage.

The best price I found was at Connecting Threads.

Funny, you should ask. My mother gave me this for Christmas this year. I love the method. I'm working on a project now that needs 2.5 finished half square triangles. I chose the correct sheet within the software, printed out the sheets needed, sewed, cut and they came out 3.0 in. Page clearly states "2.5 finished size". Ughhhh. Had to trim them all back. Guess that's better than not being big enough.
    The one who dies with the most fabric wins.

I have this. I've played with it a little bit and am hoping to use it soon with a quilt!
    Ginger
    ~stitching one thread at a time~

bj
    I've only used mine for flying geese, but I love it for that. I love the fact that you have lots of size options and some pattern ideas. I got mine at my local LQS.
    If I'm too busy to quilt, something else has to go.

Blog Entries
    I've got to check this out because I've nver even heard of it before. thanks. (Yes, I live in the boonies)
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

What is this software and how is it different than say EQ? A new tool is tempting!
    Linda

Wow! That is quite an endorsement! Thanks for telling me. I partcipate in BOM every year and am so frustrated with different sizes, losing points, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post
    Me, too. I just finished a top made of about 1500 HSTs - they were made over many months, so the opportunities for inaccuracies were many. The only blocks I had any trouble with - having to ooch and skooch to make them work - were the first two months' worth of blocks, where I had sewn just to the right of the line. The rest of the months, I sewed right on the line which gave me 145 blocks which are precisely the same size, with seams in the same places. And (miraculously!) I managed to NOT chop off all my points or make the points float. (insert happy dance! )

It's a little extra work, but gosh, it sure is nice to have fewer headaches in the assembly stage.

Blog Entries
    hey a 2.5" finished hst would be 3" unfinished. did you get the right size when you cut them down?

Quote Originally Posted by Sew N Tune View Post
    Funny, you should ask. My mother gave me this for Christmas this year. I love the method. I'm working on a project now that needs 2.5 finished half square triangles. I chose the correct sheet within the software, printed out the sheets needed, sewed, cut and they came out 3.0 in. Page clearly states "2.5 finished size". Ughhhh. Had to trim them all back. Guess that's better than not being big enough.

Wow! That sounds great. I get frustrated with BOM projects turning out different sized blocks and losing points. Hoping this may help.

Quote Originally Posted by thepolyparrot View Post

I printed out the same kind of sheets from the internet for free. It was tricky determining what they meant by finished as opposed to what size they were when you made them.. Theat took me the longest to figure out. But I love the method and got tons of beautiful HST all the same size.

Page clearly states "2.5 finished size". Ughhhh. Had to trim them all back.
    Well, that's a bummer - one of the huge benefits of Triangulations is that you don't have to waste time or fabric in trimming the squares - they finish the exact size with no trimming.

Can you try printing the page, again and when the printer dialogue comes up, look carefully to see if there is any page scaling or "fit to page" selected anywhere?

Different printers handle the various file formats differently, but I think it's universal that page scaling should not be selected and the proportion should be set to 100%.

Try printing one sheet and measure the distance between sewing lines - from one sewing line across one cutting line to the other sewing line. The measurement should be really close to ". Also measure a single square on the print - it should measure 3-3/8" wide and 3-3/8" tall. See what happens when you do a test print and let us know. Maybe someone call help you troubleshoot this.

You need to make sure you select "no scaling" when you print it out or you will have sizing issues that are due to your printing preferences. It states this in the directions for the software.

Quote Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
    I printed out the same kind of sheets from the internet for free. It was tricky determining what they meant by finished as opposed to what size they were when you made them.. Theat took me the longest to figure out. But I love the method and got tons of beautiful HST all the same size.
    The free ones on the net are o.k. but the ones for Triangulations are all sizes, so no size limitations.

Me too....I have Triangulations and love it. There are so many sizes to choose from and such an efficient use of both paper and fabric. And the precision is spot on. I think I got mine from Connecting Threads on sale last year.

Anita

Thanks for all the feedback! I just purchased it from Connecting Threads. Now I'm excited for it to arrive!

I have used triangulations but I have moved to inklingo and like this method much better as I don't have to deal with the paper. See inklingo.com for the method.

I bought the software a couple of months ago and have not used it yet. Me Bad! But I will be watching this thread to inspire me to install it and use it.
    Sweet Caroline