Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: is it true?

walmart has it's fabric back? i haven't been much since they got rid of it in my area. anyone have theirs back that had lost it?

Blog Entries
    2 Walmarts close to me have fabric...even have some batiks...

A lot of them do.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aunt ria
    walmart has it's fabric back? i haven't been much since they got rid of it in my area. anyone have theirs back that had lost it?
    Ours does, if you want to call it fabric, very poor quality and not much of it.

Blog Entries
    I have seen some precuts in some austin area walmarts.

I was told our Green Bay Wal-Mart would have material, so when I saw 10 or 12 bolts, I did the happy dance, then was told they didn`t have a cutting table yet, so I went back a week later, and LO and BEHOLD there was the cutting table BUT no material. When I asked, I was told they didn`t have enough room for material so they dropped it. I asked if this wasn`t the Supper Wal-Mart that had to get bigger (which few people like) and was told it was a SMALL supper Wal-Mart. If I go across town for material, I`ll have little trouble buying every thing there.

I am only seeing precuts at the 3 the lost the fabric in our area - UGH

I found out today (9-19) that my WalMart on Germantown Parkway (TN) is bringing back fabric. I read the signs they had posted on the displays and there were places for quilting fabrics, regular fabrics and notions. I am so happy they are doing this--and I told my cashier how I felt. She smiled and said many other customers have told her the same thing. Finally, corporate America listens to the customer!

Blog Entries
    my nearest one has it, but not a whole lot and the prices seemed higher to me.......no body working in the area to talk to either..........

We have some at our WM but it is the junky type would not use it at all.

Blog Entries
    Ours lost it and has had it back now for 2-3 months.

went to my walmart today and yes it has a bunch of fabric and quilters standing around wanting to purchase said fabric but NO employees anywhere around to cut it so many of us just left :( plus it was already a mess and fat quarters where thrown everywhere -- very dissappointed

Yes our store has brought back the fabric dept. I have hurriedly browsed but have not checked closely at the quality. The prices seem to be close to what they were before. I also have not seen anyone working in the dept. since they stocked the shelves.

NOT MY WALMART!

Another nearby has a very limited amount of fabric on bolts---------------IF YOU CAN FIND SOMEONE TO CUT! @@

None here

Blog Entries
    yes, our local Walmart just got fabrics back in the store 2 weeks ago

The Walmart closest to me never lost their fabric dept. But this spring it was expanded. I have gotten a few very nice fabrics there. I don't shop there often but there has always been 2 clerks in the dept.

The one closest to me had completely gotten rid of their fabric. Now it is back in precuts. Some is actually decent, and they have cotton, corduroy, fleece and twill. But, even closer, is A.C. Moore crafts and they now have precuts also and frequently have 40-50% off coupons and you can use it for any regularly priced item including fabric which hasn't been on sale yet.

Some Walmarts in upstate NY have fabric back .... but also poor (cheesecloth-type) quality and far less space than when it was discontinued. A BIG disappointment!

Ous has added more fabric and it is of a better quality.

Mine doesn't have the fabric department back yet.

Herein San Antonio,Tx The Wallmarts that have fabric back are ALL IN lots of fabric, tables and accessories, two close by have it , one seems to be going NO FABRIC, it's either feast or famine

Shelton, CT does, but not Stratford or Milford which are the closest to me. One is better than none!

Blog Entries
    We got a flyer in the paper Sunday - St. Paul Sunday Pioneer Press and it was from WalMart - It said "Over 2000 stores now carry fabric" or words to that effect! AU CONTRAIRE!!!!! Not in St. Paul - meaning West St. Paul and the Midway WalMart! I called them and they said they were NOT getting fabric in. So it actually means squat, nada, nyet, not on your life, forget it, Charlie!!!!!!

So, as before JoAnn's moved out, St. Paul has only ONE fabric shop and it isn't even a quilt shop. And, they are super nice and have good fabric, but not enough of what quilters generally use (assuming that quilt shops carry mostly cotton). I have asked them to stock more cotton, but in that particular area, they don't "cotton" to quilters (to coin a phrase!!!) So, that takes care of that for us. Edie

I was in a Walmart yesterday, in Portsmouth, Virginia, and they told me that they weren't going to get material in at all. Bummers.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast