Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Trying to find old fabric is frustrating!

Last year (or maybe the year before?) I bought a layer cake that was the Minick and Simpson collection called Winter. I have found several patterns that I'd like to use it in, but all so far have called for a layer cake as well as a jelly roll. I have found a few sites that still have some yardage for sale, but wouldn't you know I can't find a jelly roll to save my life. I have Google searched and Google searched until I am blue in the face. I found one today but they want $55 for the jelly roll. I just have a hard time giving that much (plus shipping!) for something I know was only $30 when it was current.

I ordered a book off of Amazon (used, $6, yay!) yesterday that has a bunch of layer cake, charm and jelly roll patterns. Maybe there will be something in there I can use this layer cake on, without needing a jelly roll too.

Thanks for listening to my rant! :)

Blog Entries
    When we THINK we have enough is when we always find the perfect pattern and find out we were wrong :roll:
    I hope that someone here knows where you can find what you need :D:D:D

I would substitute the yardage that you can find for the jelly roll. As long as it is in the same group, it will be fine...just get a fat quarter or 1/2 yard of 4 different fabrics....it will give your design a new and probably better look. :-D

I tried looking for you too, but no luck!! :( Maybe you could pick up another jelly roll that matches well? I saw a winter batik one that looked pretty cool in my travels around the web ....

Rachel

PS here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=263602_263622

*Sigh* I've had that happen to me too... only it was scrapbooking stuff, not fabric.

I found charm packs so far...will keep looking for precuts. Do you want yardage sites?
    http://www.upandawayquilts.com/cgi-b...id=1#winter-cp

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    I found charm packs so far...will keep looking for precuts. Do you want yardage sites?
    http://www.upandawayquilts.com/cgi-b...id=1#winter-cp
    Oh goodness, you don't have to try and look for me! I've looked enough for the both of us, believe me! :) I'm only looking for a jelly roll. I've got a layer cake and some yardage but the couple of patterns I've found that I want to use this fabric on calls for a jelly roll as well. I think I probably need to just resort to finding a pattern that doesn't need a jelly roll. :P

Banned
    Way frustrating, huh??? See? You should buy all you think you might need at the time :) (if only it were that easy, huH????) Let me know about your book...I'm always interested in those jelly roll books!

Blog Entries
    I feel your pain ! Been there done that :shock: LOL Can you use a jelly roll from another grouping ?

Way to go!! :thumbup: You found one!! Well done. ;)

Blog Entries
    sure is pretty fabric!

Quote Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
    WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! Thank you soooooo much!!! Another member had just messaged me where she had found one, but this one was less expensive. How is it I searched and searched and searched and couldn't find anything, and yet you ladies just pop up and find one?! :) I LOVE this board!!!!

Glad I could help!
    I used google search and I found the link to that store several pages back.
    Good luck with your quilt project.