Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trying to get organized >

Trying to get organized

Trying to get organized

Old 01-14-2011, 07:36 AM

Yes there is. I live about 30 miles east of Albuquerque. I don't go into town very often though. Luckily I can see my local quilt shop from my backyard. If I could walk, it is walking distance.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:37 AM

You sure can. I'm in Edgewood so when you leave to come to NM, just PM me and I'll give you directions.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlonger
I have that same feeling when I see some one BIGGER/Wider than me I say "SEE I'M NOT FAT" and hubby will pick out THREE people smaller and say "WHAT" actually it's a running joke if only I could run!! Now I can say.. SEE, HER STASH IS BIGGER than MINE!!
I don't say "I'm Fat" I just say "I'm Fluffy"!

Regarding the fabric stash all I can say is WOW!!!! I thought I had a lot but guess I have room to grow! :roll:

Patti Sue
Old 01-14-2011, 07:43 AM

Yeah, I know I have more than I will ever use but I do have that covered. I am teaching my niece how to quilt so when something happens to me, she will inherit (sorry about spelling) what I have left. My clothing fabric I am already sharing with her. Once I get that room organized, I will know more of what I have. The ones that are already in the bins pictured, I have plans for. I do craft shows and custom quilts. Right now I am working on 4 custom quilts. Once I have them done I have to work on stuff for my shows and websites.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:45 AM

I forgot to mention that I have donated a lot of fabric that I inherited from my mom to a local church. It's fabric that I will never use and that my niece doesn't like.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:52 AM

Thank you Neece. We have a two car garage but we don't use it for our cars. We are planning on closing it in this spring to make it a multi use room. My hubby has a very nice desk that belonged to his father that we are going to set up for his computer. We also have a table that is 5x8 that I am going to use for both of my machines. Then in one corner (the part that you have to step up on) that we will make into a room for storage. I have been going through our large tubs (I'm going through the "change" so I go in there to cool off) and donating things that I don't need or won't use. I use to be an antique dealer so I have tons of glass that I am going through. I have half of the garage cleared out so that we can start closing it in when the weather gets warmer. I've also only been quilting for 2 1/2 years. I make more than quilts. I also make totes, wallets, purses, fabric stained glass, fabric mosaics, and tons more.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 AM

Already done. All the fabrics in the totes have been washed and ironed.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:38 AM

Have you ever watched hoarders on TV ???? LOL
Old 01-14-2011, 11:13 AM

I am so sorry about your loss. I know that it is still really hard on you. I lost my mom 3 years ago this past Tuesday and it still seems like yesterday. That doesn't even compare to what you are going through. I hope you have a really good support group where you live. Someone that you can talk to, cry on their shoulder, or to just to have the company. If you don't, I want you to know that I am here so don't hesitate to pm me. I'm an ex cop so anything said will be confidential. As to not being able to buy more fabric and waiting on someone who said they were going to "give you some fabric they are getting rid of", I'm in the same boat you are in. What I have is all I get. And the friend that is suppose to "give me some fabric"? I've been waiting over a year.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:15 AM

Uh, yeah I have. I'm not THAT bad. lol You would be amazed of how much I have donated just this year. I still have the rest of the garage to go through but I'm getting there.