Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trying to understand

Blog Entries
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time I need help. I wonder if there's something weird about Safari on my Mac that I don't have that option...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    The new rules are not about how much you post on topics created by others. They are about how many topics you create. I post a lot, but I don't start that many. I will not be able to sell until I start more topics either. And I think the new posted rules are great. I can think of meaningful topics that I can start to contribute to the community as a whole.
    the new rules consider both ways a member contributes to our community. if you participate (comments) in a lot of quilting related conversations (topics) started by other members, that's active participation. BUT if the only new topics you start yourself are in the classifieds, or if more than half of them are in the classifieds, that's taking too much advantage of the privilege to sell.

our goal is to ensure that the classifieds are shared fairly by fully participating members. we also want to get the classifieds back to their original spirit ... occassional sales, at genuinely bargain prices, between members/friends.

if we can achieve that, fewer people will mistake us for an internet flea market for quilters. they won't join with visions of dollar signs dancing in their heads like christmas sugarplumbs.

we can properly focus on quilting, quilters, friendship and fun.

Blog Entries
    you should also "bookmark" your ad postings. makes it much easier to find them later. you go to your posting, then click "bookmark" and in the area that opens, you type the title you want in there and click save or update. what ever is says. then when you want to look it up again, to to My Bookmarks at the top of the page.
    your list of bookmarks should show up there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy
    It would be nice if we could also edit our topics in Main and Pictures.
    Sometimes a poster would ask for suggestion and a few pages later has made her decision, finished his/her project but will keep getting 100 more suggestions. Would be nice to edit that topic to say "Update: see page 4 for final decision" etc. Just a thought. :D
    "back in the day", members could edit their posts anytime they wanted. the results were ... shall we say .... interesting. :lol:

i'm tickled pink to help with edits when you need them. the other mods can help, too.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPeezy
    It would be nice if we could also edit our topics in Main and Pictures.
    Sometimes a poster would ask for suggestion and a few pages later has made her decision, finished his/her project but will keep getting 100 more suggestions. Would be nice to edit that topic to say "Update: see page 4 for final decision" etc. Just a thought. :D
    "back in the day", members could edit their posts anytime they wanted. the results were ... shall we say .... interesting. :lol:

i'm tickled pink to help with edits when you need them. the other mods can help, too.
    I see. :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2