Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
tube quilt >

tube quilt

tube quilt

Old 12-01-2015, 06:48 AM

Grammie Jean, you'll probably get a ton of responses, but a Panto is a premarked strip of plastic which has a design on it that you follow to quilt your quilt sandwich on the LA.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by krafty14 View Post
Ruby -
I have made "tube" quilts using 6 2.5" strips. You sew two groups of three together, then sew the two "stratas" right sides together. It sort of makes a "tube". You can then cut 90* triangles from the tube flipping the triangle up and down. When you are done, you can open the triangles into squares. They are only held together with 1 or 2 stitches at the point. It can make an interesting quilt. The blocks are not on point, just look that way. Hopefully you can see the black outline of a square in the picture. Ann
Thanks krafty14..well explained...and a beautiful quilt too!!!!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by carolynjo View Post
Grammie Jean, you'll probably get a ton of responses, but a Panto is a premarked strip of plastic which has a design on it that you follow to quilt your quilt sandwich on the LA.
Most of my pantos are on paper rolls ( my LA is not computer guided) and I follow along with a laser light--some people use a stylus along the panto design.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:12 PM

Newbee--I just removed a customer quilt from the long arm and went out and bought new backing cause that wide back she brought was just NOT going to be straightened! Even just sewing the top seam to attach to bat/backing created a tuck! I had already straightened and cut and straightened for about an hour yesterday and again today and while on the way into the city for appt. decided to heck with it--I was not going to battle this quilt the entire top when I know the problem is the backing. So I'll hang onto the backing for something smaller that I can get it straightened.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:41 PM

I think we all learn something with every quilt we make. I know I do. And I have made some really wacky mistakes. All I do is chalk it up to experience and move on. Doesn't do any good to cry.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
. I used cans on either side of the machine head to add tension and a puffy batting and was able to make the final product lay reasonably flat.
Paper Princess, could you please explain what you mean by this part about the cans???

Kind of sounds like a technique I could use!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
Paper Princess, could you please explain what you mean by this part about the cans???

Kind of sounds like a technique I could use!
I would lik to know too. ��