Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Tuesday Morning Knock off fabric >

Tuesday Morning Knock off fabric

Tuesday Morning Knock off fabric

Old 10-21-2012, 05:45 AM

I had no idea Tuesday Morning had fabric or quilting notions! I'm definately going to check my local store. I never go in there because it feels kind of junky, but if I find some good stuff I will change my opinion. I learn such valuable stuff from this board!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:53 AM

Honestly I do not see a problem with any of this, if it is a good price and feels good to the touch, I would buy it. What difference does it make? It is good that it is available at Tuesday Mornings.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:02 AM

Remember every time you buy a discounted item from a chain then you are spending less at a LQS (independently owned by someone in your community) and eventually if you don't support your LQS you won't have a LQS.

Try getting some assistance from an employee at a discount store if and when you have a quilting question.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Longarm View Post
Remember every time you buy a discounted item from a chain then you are spending less at a LQS (independently owned by someone in your community) and eventually if you don't support your LQS you won't have a LQS.

Try getting some assistance from an employee at a discount store if and when you have a quilting question.
While I agree with supporting your local quilt shop, if it comes down to what I can afford, I go with what I can afford. Not everyone has a LQS budget and must work with what they have, financially.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 AM

Some of us can't afford the high prices at the local quilt shop, not that we don't want to support them. But being on a limited income with groceries, medicine and drs visit all going up everytime you go (as well as the quilt shop prices) one can't always do what they would like. Sometimes when one only has a very limited amount to spend, you do what you gotta' do! I have found very little assistance at the quilt shops I have available to me. You are on your own until checkout time, then write your check or pay your cash, so assistance would not be a problem in this case.

Just something to think about. Even though some may like to support their local quilt shop, they are no financially able to do so. So if the material looks good, feels good and you are pleased with it, go for it!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by judylg View Post
Honestly I do not see a problem with any of this, if it is a good price and feels good to the touch, I would buy it. What difference does it make? It is good that it is available at Tuesday Mornings.
I agree, fabric is fabric is fabric, wither it comes from Joann, Walmart, Goodwill or Tuesday Morning....get over it
Old 10-21-2012, 10:36 AM

I think you can feel the difference of good fabric and that of lesser fabric. If it has the feel of good quality use it.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:59 PM

I also did not know that TM carried fabric or notions. I haven't been in one in probably 8-10 yrs., but I will be checking it out now. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Jane View Post
While I agree with supporting your local quilt shop, if it comes down to what I can afford, I go with what I can afford. Not everyone has a LQS budget and must work with what they have, financially.
Agree!
The ladies in our local WM and joanns are sewers/quilters/crafters themselves. they have always been helpful-if they don't know the answer they find someone that does. On the other hand, when I asked advice in a nearby QS, I was told to "pay someone" rather than do it myself.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:00 PM

Tuesday Morning buys sellouts from local businesses. They have a central warehouse from where all of their stores are supplied. It is the luck of the draw as to what each store gets. Some may have fabric and others won't. You are not guaranteed to find the same thing in every Tuesday Morning store. In fact, we have 3 or 4 Tuesday Morning stores here in the Oklahoma City area and you may nor may not find the same things in all of the stores. Also as to shopping for fabric according to your budgets is true for me. I don't have an income that allows me to shop for all of my fabrica quilt shops either, however, when I am shopping for fabric, if I like the fabric and like the feel of it I buy it. For instance, I can buy Kona cotton at Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby and my local quilts shops. However, Hobby Lobby and Hancock Fabrics sell Kona cotton for $7.99 a yard and my local qults shops sell it for $10.99 and $11.99 a yard. It all has the same bolt information so why should I pay $11.00 or $12.00 a yard when I can buy it for $8.00 a yard?