Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Tula Pink

Tula Pink

I have never heard of Tula Pink before. Now I've heard of her twice today. She was on Sewing with Nancy today on my PBS station, and now she was mentioned in the tread "Stash in WallaWalla", started by "Sewextremeseams"

Why have I never heard of her before? And 2 times today?

It happened for me that way too. I saw her on Sewing with Nancy a few weeks ago and the same day she was mentioned here.

Quote Originally Posted by kakels View Post
    I have never heard of Tula Pink before. Now I've heard of her twice today. She was on Sewing with Nancy today on my PBS station, and now she was mentioned in the tread "Stash in WallaWalla", started by "Sewextremeseams"

Why have I never heard of her before? And 2 times today?
    I was so impressed by her, that I bought one of her books. I think I'll do the STACKS quilt.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

Blog Entries
    She has very pretty fabric lines she designed. She has a quilt book published. I remember her from the melt down she had about two years ago on her blog about Walmart selling her fabric which wasn't her fabric, something like that.
    Got fabric?

She did the Stacks quilt on Sewing with Nancy today. It did look fun!

A friend told me about a quilt shop near St. Joseph, MO but I did not realize it was the quilt shop of a famous designer. It's on my plan for a day trip in the near future that will also include Missouri Quilt Co. .... need to have lots of money first.
    Make it a scrappy happy day!

Blog Entries
    She had every right to be upset. The fabric that was sold at Walmart was an exact replica of one of her Moda prints. The only difference was the colors. Not sure that Walmart was to blame but definitely the manufacturer and the supplier. http://www.talkaboutfabric.com/forum...d-walmart.html

I think Tula is a breath of fresh air to the quilting world. She has a young following and she has made being a quilter "cool" to the younger generation. I've been a fan for a while now. Plus I think her name is cool!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    Tula is a breath of fresh air. While she may have a young following (for which I am very thankful) as for this older quilter... she has old ones of us also.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SewExtremeSeams View Post
    Tula is a breath of fresh air. While she may have a young following (for which I am very thankful) as for this older quilter... she has old ones of us also.
    I am in that older club too !!!!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I saw the show a few months ago and went mad looking for pen and paper. I wanted that book! Got it, love it and gathering fabrics to make several of her quilts.
    Happiness is not getting what you want, it's wanting what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    She has very pretty fabric lines she designed. She has a quilt book published. I remember her from the melt down she had about two years ago on her blog about Walmart selling her fabric which wasn't her fabric, something like that.
    That's mostly what I remember about her, too.
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

I saw Tula for the 1st time yesterday on Sewing with Nancy. Loved her before I ever knew who she was or anything. I collect her goodies. I follow her on Facebook too and she's in my Google Reader. I'm a fairly new quilter (10yrs) and I'm definitely head over heels for Modern.
    Sandy
    http://sandyquilts.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I will have to check her out, I am unfamiliar with her name and quilting experience. Now I am intrigued...

Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats
    Blog Entries
    Tuila pinks fabrics are whimsical, dreamy and different! I found her by accident at the library, and immediately fell in love with some of her ideas! Then I found the LQS in Hamilton Mo. Carries her fabrics and she has done shows there, only a short drive from KC, my 2 girls live in KC. Small world. As for having a younger following, depends on your idea of young. I'm 59 LOL Missouri Star Quilting has had her jelly rolls on a daily special! Aren't they in Hamilton mo? Can you tell I am a fan? And it started at the library!

I'm so glad that Walmart pulled the offending print off its shelves!
    I have seen Tula on sewing with nancy and elswhere, I agree that its great to have a young perspective. Just not sure her style is this ol gals cuppa tea.

I found Tula Pink about 3 months ago, and loved her "Stacks" quilt. I cut out a few pieces in January and then had other things I needed to get done NOW. Then a neighboring quilt group was having a show, and wanted more quilts, so I got out the "Stacks" and worked like crazy for about 10 days and got it done quickly, (thanks to school glue).
    So when I took my quilts to the show, turns out they didn't have room for all four of them, they had more quilts now than they had room for, so they had chosen two to hang. NOT the Stacks. Bummer. No one else had anything like that there.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore View Post
    I will have to check her out, I am unfamiliar with her name and quilting experience. Now I am intrigued...
    This is the first time I have heard her name but am intrigued also and will be checking her out!

Blog Entries

She is awesome! Her patterns seem so easy but they are beautiful.

Blog Entries
    The brick & mortar store is now closed. They went to an online store only.

I was intrigued so after Googling found her site http://tulapink.com/bio/ interesting lady and as so many of you have said a breath of fresh air, for ALL ages. She has some super free patterns, one that I have really fell in love with as it is a super scrap user IMO: http://tulapink.com/wp-content/uploa.../Shoreline.pdf

She designs fabric and patterns. She was also a guest to the Sisters Quilt Show in Sisters OR a couple of years ago. She taught classes there as well. The young one caught on to her, however, us old folks are following along

I am a big fan of hers..she has quite a few fabric collections...also check her blog she has some really cool free patterns.