Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
TV SHOWS >

TV SHOWS

TV SHOWS

Old 04-10-2011, 08:57 PM

Here in the Seattle area, we have Lap Quilting with Georgia Bonesteele, Martha's Sewing Room, America Sews, Fons and Porter, and Quilt in a Day. However, today Georgia wasn't on; instead that new oe, Sew Simple came on in that time slot. Lap Quilting is one of my favorites so I sure hope it comes back. These are all on PBS here.
I also subscribe to QNNtv, but forget to watch there. I'll have to remember to access that source.
As far as the TB guide, we get a weekly one in our Sunday paper, but I can also access it on the TV and on our cable company's website.
I watch YouTube videos, too.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:46 PM

I just discovered Quilt in a Day on RFDTV!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:38 AM

PBS is channel 13 here in Ok. At 7;30 am sat am you get Fons & Porter. Very good Sometims about 1;30 sat. pm you can get Eleanor Burns.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:45 AM

If you have DirectTV you can pick up the BYU station which carries the RFD channel which carries Eleanor Burns. Plus she has videos on her site as well.
Old 04-12-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by merry
RFD has Elenore Burns on Wednesday at 1:30pm & 11:pm Central Time & PBS has Fons & Porter, Sewing with Nancy & Martha's Sewing Room all on Saturday morning.
depending on where you live, you get them at all different times.
whenever your pbs station puts them on is when you get them.
i get quilt in a day on rfdtv at 1 a.m.
i just 'tape' them all and delete them when i'm through with them.
i get quilt in a day, sewing with martha pullen (is that the name?), sewing with nancy, fons and porter, that short grey-haired lady who has guests that embroider and sew, etc. i think i get them all, but i narrowed them down to 2. i was filling up all the memory.
you find them by typing in the name of the show you want. it takes you to the list of possible channel links. look for the one you think is the closest. click on that. it will give you the option of filling in your zip code. that will open up a window asking for your service type. cable, dish, etc. that will tell you what channel at what time to look for. follow the questions and you'll get there. repeat for each show you want. that was how i got it. slow, but sure.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:51 AM

The new PBS show you speak of is called Sew it All and it just started airing on select markets. Minneapolis is one of them, so I do hope you get the chance to watch it! Here is a listing of current stations/showtimes.
http://www.sewnews.com/blogs/sewing/...lmay-schedule/