Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Two in one day (sigh) - price increases that is. >

Two in one day (sigh) - price increases that is.

Two in one day (sigh) - price increases that is.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:30 AM

Luckily, MOST of us have more stash than brains, so we should be ok (running off to connecting threads to make an order) LOL
Old 03-11-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rose L
Originally Posted by donnalynett
As long as fuel continues to increase in price we will continue to see an increase in everything we purchase.
The worst thing about this is that when the price of fuel levels off and goes back down everything else will stay high priced. I'm tired to death of this game. They are slowly eroding the middle class and the poor don't stand a chance! They should all be ashamed.
We are headed towards a 2 income nation--very rich and very poor!
Old 03-11-2011, 10:12 AM

Everything is going up due to the gas prices. We thought our country was in trouble before, wait until the next few mths.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:23 AM

Every single thing we are going to purchase now and in the future is going to go up...there is nothing we can do about it and although it may help some to vent, it will change absolutely nothing. We just have to make our priorities, economize and learn to deal with a very frustrating situation. Don't let it ruin your life, make the best of what you have and love/enjoy your friends and loved ones. Life will go on as it always has and it is within our power to be happy or miserable. There are people that are a lot worse off than than most of us and don't forget the depression years of sacrifice.

and I won't even get started on what i think of our government and what it is doing to us!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by kathyquilter34
Being from a self owned filling station family..you realize that maybe the gas in the tank was already there..but also when gas comes down so is the gas that the owner had to pay premium for..and has to take a loss..it is not the gas stations fault..they are not the ones making more money..it is the government..if the government would let them drill her in the states the gas would not cost so much..unless the government put a high tax on it also..
I'm not angry at the family owned gas stations because I do understand that part. Its the big corps that do it, and they (same compaies) from one end of town to the other with the different prices. Same Co. $3.60 a gal, in 5 blocks is $3.51. This doesn't make sense. The states' taxes are horrible.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:23 PM

Amen to that grannie cheechee..and yes it is the big oil company`s and the government that spoils it for the little guy..it upsets me to buy gas and then like you say a few blocks down the way it is cheaper..
Old 03-11-2011, 01:27 PM

We got a tank of oil yesterday ***$648.00*** 18 years ago when we moved in a tank of oil was around $200.00. We won't have to worry about the cost of gas or food if we want to stay warm. We will eat and go for a short ride in the summer months!

Quilter711
Old 03-11-2011, 04:46 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by quilter711
We got a tank of oil yesterday ***$648.00*** 18 years ago when we moved in a tank of oil was around $200.00. We won't have to worry about the cost of gas or food if we want to stay warm. We will eat and go for a short ride in the summer months!

Quilter711
Having never heated with oil, I have to wonder... how long will that tank of oil last?
Old 03-11-2011, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Originally Posted by quilter711

Quilter711
Having never heated with oil, I have to wonder... how long will that tank of oil last?
We are hoping that warm weather comes real soon :!: With a little luck, we are hoping that it will last until Nov or Dec :?: The house is a small ranch. I can't imagine what a big house costs to heat today.

Quilter711
Old 03-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

I was just talking about this with my Dad...I am on propane, and its going to go through the roof we are afraid. I wish I could afford a wood stove right now!