Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 07-31-2010, 03:06 PM

yes I agree. I didn't know UFO or WIP, I have seen a few more but don't remember what they were. LOL
Old 07-31-2010, 04:08 PM

I think a WIP is a work you start on and contiue working on contiuously until it is finished. My UFO are quilts that were started as much as 5 yrs ago then stashed and forgotten . So far I know of four UFO s so those who are lucky enought to just have WIPS pray for the rest ofus and learn fromour mistakes FINISH the WIP

:thumbup: :oops:
Old 07-31-2010, 11:18 PM

What is a WIP PLEASE? When i was at work i hated terms in letters only as I am hopeless in remembering them. I love words and can't see the reason.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
I have been reading this thread and laughed when I got to here, you see here I was thinking about how inspirational it was reading all these posts about projects being finished when I realized that my 3 UFO's weren't really UFO's at all so I don't have any UFO's as mine are still WIP's :D I think I can relax a little after all

Maybe1day
What!?! :shock: No UFOs????? Oh sweety, you are doing it wrong and need to start on at least 3 more projects right away. One of them will get lost (it happens) and automatically will become a UFO.

:lol: Just teasin. :lol: If you lived closer I could lend you a few of my UFOs. I was down to 80 but am back up at 83. I'm headed in the wrong direction! <gulp>

WIP = Work In Progress

A WIP differs from a UFO in that it isn't something that has been set aside for an extended period of time. If you are making a quilt and it takes two years but you work on it continuously, it is a WIP. If you work on the quilt for awhile, set it aside for a year and then get back to it, it is now a UFO. Hope that helps.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Hi Tiffany,
Thanks for the explanation. :D I only have 2 quilts which were completed last month and now need binding to do. Over the past week I have made a table runner and 4 place mats which are to be finished. These could easily become UFO's given time ;-)

I generally finish each quilt before I begin another with the longest period between doing this being no more than 3 months. I am guess that is where I am going wrong :lol:

Maybe1day
Old 08-01-2010, 03:26 PM

With so many class samples, and projects for kids and grandkids, I am not getting the UFO's done that I was hoping for :cry:
Old 08-01-2010, 05:16 PM

Is that an Egyptain Mau I see in your avatar?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:26 PM

I have 15 UFO to date, after reading this I got one of them out and I am going to finish it. I thought I might get rid of some of them but I like all of them so I going to start on one at a time. We will see.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 AM

Do you have a group who are making quilts for troups or other worth while people.? They are always welcome quilt tops here in England.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:16 AM

wow, all of you have been so busy out here! I have been off the board for almost a month trying to catch up at work and up packing to reset up another house as we moved again, yuck to full moves in just 3 months is not making it easy to keep quilting much less catch up on my UFO's. at least I now have a new computer so will hopefully post pics of my last completed UFO's. I love all the great pics of the complete UFO's, great colors and patterns. Tiffany you are making me exhausted just listening to what you have on your plate to quilt, wow! Welcome to all the new people on this thread, glad to see ya and can't wait to see your pics. Okay, so hopefully I will start to catch up again, so glad to be back out here and sorry this was so long.