Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 11-21-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by sjhughson
DH is not necessarily DEAR husband. Just saying.
Yeah, I know-sometimes it can be a different 'D' word. whatever fits the situation! :)
Old 11-21-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by SharonG
This is the 11th UFO quilt this year. There are lots of days I like to sew mindlessly with scraps. This is how this one ended up. The black has shooting stars of bright colors so it worked out well. It's approx 50" X 60". Started with a square of strips and made HST's (half-square triangles).
You have given me a wonderful idea for some of my squares. Thank you for sharing with us all.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:39 PM

I've been working really hard at cleaning and organizing. I can't believe what I'm finding. So many things I've started and never finished. I have 6 kaleidascope block sets (of 12 blocks each) all cut and bagged and ready to be put together, 2 sets already put together into 12 blocks each waiting to be made into quilts, 2 sets of baby prints and minky squares waiting to become a baby quilt, a 'keep it simple' quilt already assembled and waiting to be bordered, and my list goes on. I'm not done going through the 'junk' room. Don't know what else to call it. I guess I'm getting ready for next year's UFO thread. And I found 3 quilts waiting for the binding. I tend to go in spurts and then 'file' into baggies and set aside for later. I guess it's later. I'm definitely ready for next year's UFO thread. :lol: :lol: :lol:

One of my big problems is this Board. I see all these wonderful, great ideas and I want to do them all. I buy the material, get them cut, then see another one I want to do, so I bag the last one and start on the next one. ARGGGGHHHHH - this is so addicting. I'm beginning to feel like a professional kit maker.

This month alone I have added 2 "10-minute block" quilts to the pile - all blocks made and ready for assembly, 1 "tube quilt" blocks made and ready for assembly, 10 pillowcases done except for the final turn and sew, 4 tea cozy's cut and pinned and ready to assemble, 6 pillowcases pinned in the "burrito" method ready to sew. And I have done a couple of 10-minute table runners to the point that I need to finish the ends. But to my credit I did finish the 3 Halloween ones on October 31. :thumbup:

It's like I get to the point that I know I can do it and then I'm off onto another project. I am definitely some type of "-holic" and I haven't figured out what it is. DO I NEED THERAPY ?????

OOHHHH - and I just got the directions for a paper-pieced Kimono quilt. Gotta do that one next. And I just started a "Triangle Tango" - got it all cut, the squares sewn and ready to be cut. Then it will be ready to assemble. And my daughter's king-size D9P blocks are done and ready for the design board.

But I do have 6 quilts at the LA'er. Then they will be into the pile for binding.

Does it never end? Do you all go through this too? Am I weird???
Old 11-22-2010, 07:03 AM

WOW! I guess my UFO pile is not so big after all! You have a lot of work ahead of you. Maybe the 15 min. timer idea will work for this. I just finished 2 more UFOs this weekend. Will post pictures when I get home. Went to the lake and I took them with me. We're on our way home now. They are #7 and 8.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
Originally Posted by SharonG
This is the 11th UFO quilt this year. There are lots of days I like to sew mindlessly with scraps. This is how this one ended up. The black has shooting stars of bright colors so it worked out well. It's approx 50" X 60". Started with a square of strips and made HST's (half-square triangles).
You have given me a wonderful idea for some of my squares. Thank you for sharing with us all.
You are very welcome! Glad to have been able to help. :)
Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 PM

here are my latest UFOs(#7&8). I took them with me when we went to our vacation home last weekend. The Kitty Cucumber quilt I bought years ago and had pieced the top. I didn't know much about quilting it so it got put away. I had also made a little doll quilt too. The second quilt is from earlier this year as apposed to earlier in this decade, :). I designed this one myself. I showed it to my friend and she said"oh that's so cute you put little tents in it" She was talking about the flying geese units. I thought I was being clever with the geese - camping and woods, that kind of thing.

Kitty Cucumber
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132264[/ATTACH]

close up of doll quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132265[/ATTACH]

Little camper quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132266[/ATTACH]

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132267[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132259.jpe   attachment-132260.jpe   attachment-132261.jpe   attachment-132262.jpe  
Old 11-22-2010, 05:28 PM

Sewmom, so glad to see you finished more ufo's. The Kitty Cucumber print is darling. If that were still available, I would have to have a few yards of it. The matching doll quilt makes it a perfect set. Congrats! You are on a roll.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
Sewmom, so glad to see you finished more ufo's. The Kitty Cucumber print is darling. If that were still available, I would have to have a few yards of it. The matching doll quilt makes it a perfect set. Congrats! You are on a roll.
If you Google "Kitty Cucumber" there are sites out there that still has the fabric. I have the pattern. If you are interested in the fabric amounts, Pm me.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by sewmom
WOW! I guess my UFO pile is not so big after all! You have a lot of work ahead of you. Maybe the 15 min. timer idea will work for this. I just finished 2 more UFOs this weekend. Will post pictures when I get home. Went to the lake and I took them with me. We're on our way home now. They are #7 and 8.
You can come on down and sew with me :thumbup: If we plan on the first of next year, my sewing room should be all organized. All my 'kits' will be in one place and you can pick and choose :lol:

Looking forward to your pics. Was it cold at the lake? Any snow up there yet?
Old 11-23-2010, 04:55 AM

It was cold up there but there were only snow flurries. On Monday it was 50 degrees when we left. It'll be the end of Dec. Before we go back-probably be snow then. Brrrr