Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO'S Am I all Alone with >

UFO'S Am I all Alone with

UFO'S Am I all Alone with

Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 PM

I have three I am working on and a stack of purchased projects of about 11 items (I also don't count these as UFOs until I start on them). So I know I have quite a lot to keep me busy for 2011.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:14 PM

I am, by nature, a finisher. I usually have a few projects goijng at the same time, so as not to get bored or bogged down. But then, they all finish together!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by whinnytoo
I must be the UFO queen, because I have lots of them! I work on several things, put those aside, work on others, put those aside etc......... just cant seem to stick to one thing at a time.... but when I finish several quilts, wow it feels great!
Well, here's another one. Last I counted I had over 40, but in my defense I haven't been able to quilt much in the last two years due to health reasons. But even tho I couldn't do much I'd still have a lot. I get bored working on just one thing. Wish I could tho.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:30 PM

I make myself finish a project before I start another, mainly because my sewing room isn't big enough to leave things out. It usually bugs me till I get it finished, even if I don't know who I'll give it to when it's done.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:57 PM

No, you are just focused, creative, determined, and organized. I'm envious but I realize that different minds create differently. I guess I unconsciously like chaos and furthermore, my cat won't give up the bed she made of my UFOs:)
Old 01-26-2011, 10:54 PM

I guess I should be thankful for my energy and for my craziness to get it all done. It sounds like we all have our own way of enjoying the art of quilting and creating. Oh, and I'm glad I'm not the only one with no UFO'S!

Have fun quilting :)
Old 01-27-2011, 06:53 AM

No, you aren't the only one. I finish one project before I start another. I know that If I don't finish and have it hanging over my head I will get overwhelmed and It won't be a hobby anymore but a job. I am pretty new and love to quilt I don't want that to change. The last quilt I just finished was my first without a pattern and as a lot of personality(mistakes)I got discouraged a few times but kept going. This full size quilt is for my grandson and fiancé. I hope they like it and don't notice the mistakes but only see the love in every stitch, it's all hand pieced and quilted. Everyone has to work at their own pace and in their comfort zone.
This is mine.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:55 PM

LOL.....it was good to see there was one other UFO Queen !
I have my list posted in my sewing room....should I get brave and tell you how many I have on my list..?...hmmm maybe I better not. I will be working on them this year and be finishing a bunch of them!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:59 PM

UFO's are my speciality lol I make em in the winter(the tops) and then end up quilting em in the summer when I can get em out side to spray baste em. I set up a couple of 4 foot by 8 foot plywood sheets I purchased just for this( and a couple of sawhorses) . I tape the backs down on em and go from there. I do not have the room inside to put the backs on em in the winter. I live in a mobile home.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:57 PM

I have several UFO's from projects I started and didn'nt like how the blocks turned out - planning on finishing 1 before I start a new project - that way hopefully I will be UFO-less by the end of the year