Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO's, the laugh is on me. >

UFO's, the laugh is on me.

UFO's, the laugh is on me.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:27 PM

I'm with you. A stash with a plan! But maybe I should make a list. It might help me focus some...
Old 07-10-2014, 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Uh-oh, if having unused fabric and patterns constitutes a UFO then I'm in trouble. I don't consider it a UFO until I've started cutting it out. Until then the fabric isn't really designated for anything other than stash, and rulers are just tools.
I agree that it is not considered a UFO until I have started cuttin, however, if I have bought material for a specific project that material is not part of my stash.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:54 AM

YOu are brave. I would be afraid to count my UFO's. If purchased fabric that never made it into a started project counts I am in huge trouble!
Old 07-10-2014, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
Uh-oh, if having unused fabric and patterns constitutes a UFO then I'm in trouble. I don't consider it a UFO until I've started cutting it out. Until then the fabric isn't really designated for anything other than stash, and rulers are just tools.
You're absolutely right Dunster! It's still very organized "stash" until it's cut!
Old 07-10-2014, 04:08 AM

Oh, my! I'd REALLY be in trouble if I considered my unused stash as UFOs. I have a huge closet floor to ceiling packed (neatly organized) by color that is my "LQS". I don't consider that UFOs, just readily accessible fabric for any need that comes along. I do have many projects lined up that are in bins waiting their turn, and try hard not to have many UFOs, but I do have several WIPs in various stages of completion. WIP sounds so much better than UFO. LOL
Old 07-10-2014, 04:16 AM

Glad to know y'all do it too! The only reason I counted the unused stuff is that I wanted to know, what I had that I could do/use without going to the LQS. I had forgotten so many. They were buried. But when I saw them, I remembered why I bought them. The biggest laugh is that, I thought I definitely need one of those huge rolls of batting next time J's has them 1/2 price with free shipping. LOL
Old 07-10-2014, 04:24 AM

UFO's at my house are ONLY projects that have been started, but not finished. If I counted all the patterns and projects I wanted to start I couldn't do the list in less than a week! UNFINISHED is the key here!
Old 07-10-2014, 04:27 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Terri D. View Post
If quilt police truly existed, we'd all be busted!!
I AGREE. I don't count planned quilts that haven't been started as a UFO because the fabric has NOT been cut. If that was true, I would be so depressed, I would probably STOP QUILTING !!!
Old 07-10-2014, 04:44 AM

We are all in good company here. That's why I love this board; I'm more normal than not. LOL
Old 07-10-2014, 04:56 AM

Anything which has not been started - whether it is a pattern I purchased or a length of fabric or something gleaned from the internet - DOES NOT COUNT! those are not UFO's yet - just Potential Future Projects PFP

Only a project which has been at least partially cut and not more than partially bound counts as a UFO by my definition.