UFOs

Old 12-30-2013, 03:26 PM

For those of you that haven't yet, you should consider joining the UFO thread on this Board. It has helped me tremendously. I was just looking at my list, telling my husband that I finished 20 UFOs this year. He was really proud of me and then laughed when I told him that I'm now down to 45!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
Linda: I will be there! Want to finish the eight that are left over from last year. Problem is I have started a couple more. Breaking even is good, right?
Lol, breaking even is great! I don't even mind falling behind as long as I've finished some old UFOs and added some new ones. My newest UFO is going to be this kaleidoscope I have hanging on my design wall right now. It is about to become a leaders/enders project. I'm not thrilled with the way it's coming out so a new project will appear soon. LOL
Old 12-30-2013, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
For those of you that haven't yet, you should consider joining the UFO thread on this Board. It has helped me tremendously. I was just looking at my list, telling my husband that I finished 20 UFOs this year. He was really proud of me and then laughed when I told him that I'm now down to 45!
Thanks for the kind words michelleoc! We love having you with us, along with all our participants. What a great group we have going. And yes, just having a cheering team and a bunch of others who understand really does help. Hugs and smiles!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nammie to 7 View Post
Just put together a UFO list for the 2014 UFO contest at our LQS. I have a list of over 50. That doesn't include any kits or quilts that I have collected fabric for! Time to get busy!!
Oh, we need to be friends! I have at least 35 UFO's and I have at least that many kits and I have bought more yardage than I will ever use in my lifetime. But, I love my fabric......all of it! My goal is to finish 1 per month in 2014. That is not an unrealistic goal because I have at least 10 projects that just need a backing and quilting...and I have a long arm. I am starting a class tomorrow for Judy Niemeyer's Bali Wedding Star. Other than the Wedding Star, I am not starting anything else new until I get at least all the tops quilted. This year, I am determined to get that UFO list under 25!!!!! haha
Old 12-31-2013, 01:34 AM

It certainly depends on yoour definition of " too many"". If i live to 110 i have just enough! You may want to join us on the fabric moratorium. It starts the week of jan. 6, we think. 8-). Glad to have you along, and bring your friends!
Old 12-31-2013, 02:09 AM

Oh, I've got a few, but I'm working on them. I finished 2 baby quilts recently and am working on dd's quilt. I resolve to finish hers before I start a new baby quilt. I just have to make time to quilt it while the children are at school and not on vacation. I feel bad not being home when they are.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
I am delighted to know there is such a thread. Luckily, I only have as many as 2 quilts in progress and a batch of placemat. However, one of the quilt tops has been a WIP for more than a year.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:39 PM

I sat down and made a list today of all my UFO's and it ONLY added up to 12! Luckily two of them are at the longarmer's studio so those will be finished soon (I love to do the binding part so I know I won't let those sit around long once they are returned to me). Three more of them only need the final borders attached and they are ready to sandwich/quilt. That makes five hopeful UFO finishes in 2014. But the rest of them are in various degrees of unfinished-ness. I've vowed to be better this year about finishing up the older stuff because there are several new projects already on my radar that I know will bump those older ones off my sewing table once again.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:05 AM

Hi Deb...I have a box of ufos too and who knows when they will get done. Am making my last granddaughters quilt and then, I have time to do what I want. Finish UFOs or try something new? I think if I do much quilting anymore, I just may make the tops and leave them for someone else to put together. Hope you had fun at quilt camp. Just went and checked out new quilt shop in Deer Park next to new dollar tree and wow, was impressed. Have two long arms that they teach you on, besides such gorgeous fabric. Have u checked it out yet?