Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UGH!! Have to empty the stash closet!! >

UGH!! Have to empty the stash closet!!

UGH!! Have to empty the stash closet!!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:51 PM

Default UGH!! Have to empty the stash closet!!

My sewing room stash closet is in an eave, last year I put the Christmas decorations in the way back corner, i had bins of stash there but my back no longer likes to bend and pull those heavy bins. So that is where I put the decorations, and then bins of stash, machines, and all the stuff that I hid back there. We are putting up the tree tomorrow with my dd and 3 dgs tomorrow, and I have to begin emptying the "stuff" in front. What was a great idea last year has become a nightmare!! I am starting right now, no qb tonight, or sewing. Everyone, have a memorable Thanksgiving!!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 03:56 PM

Oh! I hate it when I do stuff like that!! Have a great day with your family tomorrow!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

It seemed like a good idea at the time! How many times have we all been there? Too many!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:01 AM

Well, all my stash and stuff has been removed from the stash closet. WOW, there are things that I didn't even remember buying. Maybe I should be on the Hoarder"s show on TV. Found birthday presents that I never gave (recycled now as Christmas presents), a box of flannel from Connecting Threads that I ordered for my charity quilts (2012 project), a tub of civil war bit and pieces from my Farmer's Wife quilts. It was like Christmas last night. Oh well, I have to figure out a place to store this stuff now, guess I will have to have more eave space floored. On my Christmas list for my DH. Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!
Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
My sewing room stash closet is in an eave, last year I put the Christmas decorations in the way back corner, i had bins of stash there but my back no longer likes to bend and pull those heavy bins. So that is where I put the decorations, and then bins of stash, machines, and all the stuff that I hid back there. We are putting up the tree tomorrow with my dd and 3 dgs tomorrow, and I have to begin emptying the "stuff" in front. What was a great idea last year has become a nightmare!! I am starting right now, no qb tonight, or sewing. Everyone, have a memorable Thanksgiving!!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:04 AM

Bless your heart! That is not a good way to spend Thanksgiving! But hope it is happy anyway! Take care of your back!
Old 11-24-2011, 05:04 AM

Hey, I did almost the same thing in my closet in my sewing room. Only I gave up half way through and decided dragging out that mess was meant for another day! hehehe!
Old 11-24-2011, 06:10 AM

I had to pack up my basement sewing room because of water damage. They had to knock down the ceiling so they needed everything out. Talk about a mess! Now that everything's done it's nice, clean and organized, but it certainly wasn't a fun process. I feel your pain!
Old 11-24-2011, 07:38 AM

What about putting all your "stash, machines, and all the stuff that I hid back there" on some kind of carts? Then when you put Christmas back away, just roll the stash carts back into the front of the closet.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:12 AM

lol...you found some good stuff!!! Look, a little bit of work and you found Christmas presents!!!! Sounds good to me!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:29 AM

lol I wish I had that problem - hey anyone that wants to de-stash let me know I'd be more than happy to give your fabric a new home! This sounds like the space under my stairwell I don't even want to think about getting to the Christmas stuff under there.